ARTICLE: BRITNEY's SECOND CHANCE AT SUPERSTARDOM

Pscott

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonetheless, Spears’ performance played well for the awards-show audience at Madison Square Garden, many of whom clearly came specifically to see Beyoncé and Britney -- a contingent filed out immediately following Spears’ appearance, even though the show wasn’t over, a sign that her star power still means something.

:wendycry: I love the ones who did this. "Seen Britney - time to go." SLAYYYYY!

I agree about it being wrong that G Eazy's song got promoted instead of another Glory song BUT knowing Britney (well not really but you know what I mean) it was probably her idea to do Me, Myself and I. 

G Eazy: So Make Me and then I'm guessing you'll do a song off Glory, yeah?
Britney: Actually my boys love Me Myself and I so I'll record some vocals for that and we can do that. 

G Eazy: Sweeeeeet :britlol:

3 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Nonetheless, Spears’ performance played well for the awards-show audience at Madison Square Garden, many of whom clearly came specifically to see Beyoncé and Britney -- a contingent filed out immediately following Spears’ appearance, even though the show wasn’t over, a sign that her star power still means something.

:wendycry: I love the ones who did this. "Seen Britney - time to go." SLAYYYYY!

I agree about it being wrong that G Eazy's song got promoted instead of another Glory song BUT knowing Britney (well not really but you know what I mean) it was probably her idea to do Me, Myself and I. 

G Eazy: So Make Me and then I'm guessing you'll do a song off Glory, yeah?
Britney: Actually my boys love Me Myself and I so I'll record some vocals for that and we can do that. 

G Eazy: Sweeeeeet :britlol:

HAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah I feel like Britney probably made that decision, but let her boys decide what she was gonna wear (proof: that hoodie).

Love how Britney is so oblivious to how big she is..."yeah for my comeback lets perform your old song" loves it!

This is a great article. Billboard seem to understand and respect her more than other outlets.

I agree about g-eazy, the rent-a-rapper wasn't needed. She shouldn't have made it so much about him, but that's probably her team/label trying to make him big by using her.

The bit about picking up a mic and singing is so right. I don't think she'll ever really grow if she doesn't start singing live.

i think this article hits the nail on the head PERFECTLY. was the performance iconic like her others? no. but that does not mean it was bad. it was a good performance. just good. it was not amazing, it didn't slay me, but it got the job done, and that's all that matters. it proved to the public that she's come a long way since 2007 and can still bring it!

the only thing i kind of disagree with is the part about g-eazy. i actually like g-eazy's rap on MM, i think it fits the vibe of the song perfectly, so i wouldn't call it "pointless." but i do think the performance got a little messy once g-eazy came out. he seemed to forget his words, then the transition into MM&I wasn't like seamless, and the same transitioning back into MM. that's not to say i didn't enjoy MM&I, because i did, but it was just the transitions in and out that didn't really flow.

and i totally agree about grabbing a real mic and singing. hopefully someday!

2 minutes ago, saicis said:

This is a great article. Billboard seem to understand and respect her more than other outlets.

I agree about g-eazy, the rent-a-rapper wasn't needed. She shouldn't have made it so much about him, but that's probably her team/label trying to make him big by using her.

The bit about picking up a mic and singing is so right. I don't think she'll ever really grow if she doesn't start singing live.

yeah... isn't G-eazy in the same music label as Britney? that would make a lot of sense for promoting him.

As for the singing live I totally agree.. But I also kind of believe that rumor of her mic being shut off by accident tbh :lustney:

2 minutes ago, rockNroLL227 said:

i think this article hits the nail on the head PERFECTLY. was the performance iconic like her others? no. but that does not mean it was bad. it was a good performance. just good. it was not amazing, it didn't slay me, but it got the job done, and that's all that matters. it proved to the public that she's come a long way since 2007 and can still bring it!

the only thing i kind of disagree with is the part about g-eazy. i actually like g-eazy's rap on MM, i think it fits the vibe of the song perfectly, so i wouldn't call it "pointless." but i do think the performance got a little messy once g-eazy came out. he seemed to forget his words, then the transition into MM&I wasn't like seamless, and the same transitioning back into MM. that's not to say i didn't enjoy MM&I, because i did, but it was just the transitions in and out that didn't really flow.

And I LOVE that point they made,  about if Britney did a totally stripped down performance to contrast to Beyonce, It would have been EPIC in the most unexpected way.

Just now, Pscott said:

yeah... isn't G-eazy in the same music label as Britney? that would make a lot of sense for promoting him.

As for the singing live I totally agree.. But I also kind of believe that rumor of her mic being shut off by accident tbh :lustney:

If it's true it was no accident. Honestly, call me crazy, but I think Jay-Z and his mafia bought the VMA's.

15 minutes for Beyonce AGAIN? 4 performances for Rihanna? 4 mins for Kanye AND to premiere a video?  It was bullshit.

Putting Britney next to Beyonce was to make Beyonce look like the best thing EVER and make Britney look like ****. If she had indeed sang live it wouldn't have been so bad, so if somebody didn't turn her mic on it was on purpose.

I wish jay z, beyonce and the others would be exposed. They have the whole industry bought!

1 minute ago, saicis said:

If it's true it was no accident. Honestly, call me crazy, but I think Jay-Z and his mafia bought the VMA's.

15 minutes for Beyonce AGAIN? 4 performances for Rihanna? 4 mins for Kanye AND to premiere a video?  It was bullshit.

Putting Britney next to Beyonce was to make Beyonce look like the best thing EVER and make Britney look like ****. If she had indeed sang live it wouldn't have been so bad, so if somebody didn't turn her mic on it was on purpose.

I wish jay z, beyonce and the others would be exposed. They have the whole industry bought!

I totally agree with that. I have heard from many people that the VMA awards nowadays can be bought- but thats pretty much how you'd expect any award show to be tbh. But yeah Jay Z is definitely running ****.

Remember that time during Beyonces superbowl where there was an article that reported Jay z paying off sites to not publish unflattering photos of beyonce?

18 minutes ago, rockNroLL227 said:

I also like his rap on mm. I think it fits perfectly :rihclap:

Just her dancing on stage, nothing else, would showcase her best talent and look ballsy. No backup dancers, and definitely no rappers. (If she’d done that this year, it would’ve played in beautiful contrast to Beyoncé’s mega production.)

Or perhaps she could get herself a real microphone and just truly sing, proving to naysayers once and for all that she deserves the job title of pop singer.

Honestly, I agree with this. If she was gonna go for minimalism, she should've gone all the way and stripped it down completely. No one else to take the attention away from her. Just her, a good choreo, and live singing would've made this performance so different from anything she's ever done and it would've been iconic. 

9 minutes ago, Dolce said:

Just her dancing on stage, nothing else, would showcase her best talent and look ballsy. No backup dancers, and definitely no rappers. (If she’d done that this year, it would’ve played in beautiful contrast to Beyoncé’s mega production.)

Or perhaps she could get herself a real microphone and just truly sing, proving to naysayers once and for all that she deserves the job title of pop singer.

Honestly, I agree with this. If she was gonna go for minimalism, she should've gone all the way and stripped it down completely. No one else to take the attention away from her. Just her, a good choreo, and live singing would've made this performance so different from anything she's ever done and it would've been iconic. 

Billboard stans so hard:crying1:

Archived