Would you prefer for Britney to do something like Rihanna did?

BritneyLimited

And by that I mean...she had the song going on the background but she would still sing bits and pieces and then when she was dancing she wasn't singing. It was like, "Look I'm singing but when I'm dancing, I'm not singing". She totally owned it and didn't try to cover that she wasn't singing at times. It's a very "Who cares" attitude and I think britney could pull that off.

Rihanna did it a lot on this years VMAS and I also recall JB doing something similiar in an award show. So it's not uncommon and that's far better than lipping an entire song.

What do you think?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like songs on Glory are exactly produced to be practical to be performed

Do u all realize most of those songs all have choruses that are off-singing but more beats going?

Verses are all low key which are easy to be sung .

so i assume that those songs are all produced this way on a purpose

so im waiting for iheart and itunes festivals 

i dont care about her lipsyncing as long as she pulls off a good choreo and never had expectations but for those festival i do 

we will have to wait and see i guess

gnmzKJ.gif

3 minutes ago, JoeBitch! said:

Didn't even watch Rihanna hunty

Britney-Spears-VMA.gif

It was meh, you didn't miss much...I sat through that entire show and almost pulled all of my hair because of those "hosts".

Dear lord...

5 minutes ago, tsss said:

oh I wish
but Britney performs this way 16 years, I doubt she will change it
in late 90s she only sang and barely moved, it's like everything extreme with her
she really needs to balance it, at least for award shows

Yes, I think it could be a nice balance. 

15 minutes ago, OoopsBitch! said:

Me and other people here have been saying this for years.

Either her team is so alienated and out of touch that they don't even realise the possibility, or it's actually britney who doesn't want to do that. As long as britney is happy with what she's doing I'm happy.

I don't think she'll be changing her ways. But it would be a nice compromise I think.

Yes. Getting a hand held mic to make it look like she was singing was just pathetic.

Rihanna doesn't even sound great when she sings live, neither does Katy Perry or Justin Beiber ... the point is they try. They give you something different than the CD. Britney needs to realise that like yesterday!

22 minutes ago, saicis said:

Yes. Getting a hand held mic to make it look like she was singing was just pathetic.

Rihanna doesn't even sound great when she sings live, neither does Katy Perry or Justin Beiber ... the point is they try. They give you something different than the CD. Britney needs to realise that like yesterday!

1 hour ago, f_rhythm said:

I feel like songs on Glory are exactly produced to be practical to be performed

Do u all realize most of those songs all have choruses that are off-singing but more beats going?

Verses are all low key which are easy to be sung .

so i assume that those songs are all produced this way on a purpose

so im waiting for iheart and itunes festivals 

i dont care about her lipsyncing as long as she pulls off a good choreo and never had expectations but for those festival i do 

we will have to wait and see i guess

gnmzKJ.gif

Call me delusional, which sometimes I am in the way i believe in her artistic expression like ive learned to interpret her performance styles in a way that at least for me separates her from the usual fan experience or even the general public, just made it more private and personal for me since I judge her according to how she makes me feel rather than what I think she should be making me feel if that makes any sense, but i am just like u when it comes to the festivals, I have a feeling the shows will be very puppeter/master like the vma performance but with a circus/privateshow vibe so she might surprise us with actual vocals, like we will get to hear her voice at some point, like if anything thats been building up and developing this era to me, and I feel like you share my view, its all pointing to something crossing the line as to what weve come to understand to be a Britney performance, and any step in the right direction is a step in the right direction, so ill enjoy each moment for what it is and ill trust in her artistic integrity when it comes to her personal development as an artist, so even if she doesnt sing live per se, she seems to have a blueprint and an ever climbing scale to a hightened state of performance and as a real fan and passionate make believe artist theres nothing that makes me more proud, so ill wait with a smile and pointed feet and train doing some yoga rather than waiting in worry and moping around all stiff in my boo hoo im not satisfied like ever totally overrated i want britney to be what shes not old fan not wanting to move on state of mind. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, cantsleepbritney said:

Call me delusional, which sometimes I am in the way i believe in her artistic expression like ive learned to interpret her performance styles in a way that at least for me separates her from the usual fan experience or even the general public, just made it more private and personal for me since I judge her according to how she makes me feel rather than what I think she should be making me feel if that makes any sense, but i am just like u when it comes to the festivals, I have a feeling the shows will be very puppeter/master like the vma performance but with a circus/privateshow vibe so she might surprise us with actual vocals, like we will get to hear her voice at some point, like if anything thats been building up and developing this era to me, and I feel like you share my view, its all pointing to something crossing the line as to what weve come to understand to be a Britney performance, and any step in the right direction is a step in the right direction, so ill enjoy each moment for what it is and ill trust in her artistic integrity when it comes to her personal development as an artist, so even if she doesnt sing live per se, she seems to have a blueprint and an ever climbing scale to a hightened state of performance and as a real fan and passionate make believe artist theres nothing that makes me more proud, so ill wait with a smile and pointed feet and train doing some yoga rather than waiting in worry and moping around all stiff in my boo hoo im not satisfied like ever totally overrated i want britney to be what shes not old fan not wanting to move on state of mind. Thank you.

apart  from the last sentences uve wrote bcuz i didnt exactly get what u mean,sorry,i agree i dont have big expectations. VMA could have been better at some point but shes improving .... but i dont mind her lipsyncing really bcuz i dont see her as a great singer but more like an entertainer but when it comes to festivals like those iheart and itunes i believe she has some suprises in her pocket and live sing to some parts of those songs shes gonna do from the album.

Her attitude on VMAs was very Festivalney tbh,she had this Rock energy when she had that mic in her hand so i believe she will be on fire on those festivals

if she doesnt then ill move on with the Glory in my ears 

lets wait and see 

gnmzKJ.gif

Archived