A Lesson to the Younger Fans About the Critics and Their Bullshit

Someone Who Knows

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Yes!! She was confident because she knew she was there because she REALLY WANTED TO PERFORM again 

Yes!!! Exactly! And like Make Me being released as the lead single to redefine her musical style as that more urban, vibey sound, I think the performance of the song was also meant to show people that this time she is doing things differently. This is a new era with a different attitude, it's about the feeling **** and having fun and that's exactly what I got out of this performance. 

I will say, I also thought MTV's editing was to blame. It seemed like every time she started a dance combo, the camera cut out for a wide shot which was RIDICULOUS AND UNECESSARY for what was supposed to be an intimate and scaled down performance.

:nyschool:

Why the **** do we need to see how wide the stage is when Britney's performance is focused on one platform, pretty much center stage the entire time??? I think the fan-shot videos are a good indication that had the camera focused exclusively on her and her dancers (and the crowd's energy) we could have really gotten more out of it all. 

4 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Oh, it gets to me sometimes, too. But I hate seeing it get in the way of certain people enjoying what she does, especially when those people are supposed to be her biggest supporters. And I think a lot of fans who have not been around since the beginning have a romanticized vision of what things were like during her prime.

Yes that is very true. especially the way Britney gets attacked for pretty much everything, not new folks. lol

Archived