The video mess is actually a really good PR plan.

Alice X

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'M SICK OF THIS PR EXCUSE

WHEN THE VIDEO LEAKED SOMEONE CLAIMED ITS GOOD "PR"

WHEN IT TOOK THEM FOREVER TO RELEASED IT... ONE OF YOU SAID IT'S ACTUALLY "GOOD PR, GOOD STRATEGY" FOR LONGEVITY ETC

NOW ANOTHER PR EXCUSE

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE BRITNEY NO MATTER BUT SOMETIMES JUST SOMETIMES SHE REALLY DISAPOINT'S ME

20 minutes ago, i.love.trouble said:

I don't wanna get my hopes up, but if this happens, I won't even be surprised because it is extremely logical, PR wise. It worked. Britney's everywhere right now and she didn't have to stage a ******* **** pic like every other celebrity

do you think they are that smart?

You guys realise she didn't release the other Perfume concept, she didn't release Rebellion, didn't release all the scenes for Gimme More, and the list goes on, so I really hope you aren't expecting her team to release the 2nd video when she's in Hawaii spilling coffee with her kids. :whitneyshade:

I don't think some of you realize how few people are actually cognizant of this video drama. Just because Buzzfeed posted a listicle doesn't mean it's on the GP's radar. So all this constant talk about intentional leaks to create PR buzz? Girl.

We are on a Britney-specific forum. Normal people are not writing Facebook statuses about this because they don't know or care to find out. And judging by how these leaks spread - most people have accounts on other pop music forums, so we're all just having the same conversations with the same people, but on different websites.

I don't think the original leaks came from Britney's camp at all - because if that were the case we would have had the song itself leaking much sooner. But the leaks were of the actual video, which is less important, and would be attributed to someone from David's camp. 

I sincerely doubt the original video will ever get an official release. I really love it (except the G-Eazy ***...that part's messed up) and hope we get true HQ leak of the sections as they were *on* Vimeo - not just a recording of a computer screen. 

14 minutes ago, Tetris said:

I don't think some of you realize how few people are actually cognizant of this video drama. Just because Buzzfeed posted a listicle doesn't mean it's on the GP's radar. So all this constant talk about intentional leaks to create PR buzz? Girl.

We are on a Britney-specific forum. Normal people are not writing Facebook statuses about this because they don't know or care to find out. And judging by how these leaks spread - most people have accounts on other pop music forums, so we're all just having the same conversations with the same people, but on different websites.

I don't think the original leaks came from Britney's camp at all - because if that were the case we would have had the song itself leaking much sooner. But the leaks were of the actual video, which is less important, and would be attributed to someone from David's camp. 

I sincerely doubt the original video will ever get an official release. I really love it (except the G-Eazy ***...that part's messed up) and hope we get true HQ leak of the sections as they were *on* Vimeo - not just a recording of a computer screen. 

So you honestly think that the Perez thingy has nothing to do with Britney's team? Seriously? :umwtf:

3 minutes ago, BJ4u said:

So you honestly think that the Perez thingy has nothing to do with Britney's team? Seriously? :umwtf:

Honestly I do. Particularly because of how sloppy the presentation was...and because he had the bootleg recording of the Vimeo video - not the actual Vimeo link. 

Plus he kept talking about not getting sued this time. Good PR does not include lawsuit chatter. 

We have been proved that those theories are wrong thousands times. Gimme more, perfume, WB, even IUSA, says HI! I still remember one rumour back then at the 07 VMAS that claimed B will be back to close the show and perform GM+Hot as ice in order to make people think she was just joking and we all know what really happened at the end. :sickofu::sickofu::sickofu:

they have the og video

mindtrappa (insider in Pop justice posted this)

Team B already has all the footage and a final edit (although apparently not one without a timestamp). David removed his name from the project, so they can basically do whatever they want with that as far as I know. But I feel like part of why they haven't just come out with their own edit is because a LaChapelle video is kind of pointless when the man removes himself as a form of protest against the final product.

Archived