nostalgia factor (theory)

soforlaters

Did anyone ever realize Britney's most recent hits/successes had some sort of nostalgic factor that made it popular?

Womanizer (first number 1 since BOMT) video was a sequel to Toxic

If U Seek Amy video had a reference to BOMT with her 'daughter' in a school girl outfit

Hold it Against Me video had her videos on exhibition

Scream and Shout sampled Gimme More

Vegas=HITS

This theme is prevalent in entertainment right now. Most recently with Pokemon Go. But look at any movie or TV show. Most are reboots of better times in the USA. 

Thoughts?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, X445500 said:

Nothing nostalgic about the new MV 

:gloria: 

yea, that's why I think it isn't being received as well. I like it. I wish it was more Danceney. It could've easily been a girl dance segment then Britney joining the auditioning boys for a dance segment. And it could've been easy choreography. But choreographed videos are very nostalgic if you think about it....

1 minute ago, soforlaters said:

yea, that's why I think it isn't being received as well. I like it. I wish it was more Danceney. It could've easily been a girl dance segment then Britney joining the auditioning boys for a dance segment. And it could've been easy choreography. But choreographed videos are very nostalgic if you think about it....

Would've been cool if they had a dance battle instead in the fields of China while taking a break from planting rice 

:) 

4 minutes ago, X445500 said:

No reference, just a much better plot overall. 

I'm just glad that Britney looks stunning :) 

I am too! I think she looks stunning. The opening reminds me of the opening of the Gimme More vid. Just chilling with her girls. And to top it off she shows her personality in the vid. I love the vid but it's def for her fans who wanted something new. It won't be a big hit like we want though :/

1 minute ago, soforlaters said:

I am too! I think she looks stunning. The opening reminds me of the opening of the Gimme More vid. Just chilling with her girls. And to top it off she shows her personality in the vid. I love the vid but it's def for her fans who wanted something new. It won't be a big hit like we want though :/

No not at all. But MM will be a gem that every fan will remember. MM will go down in history as the single that could have been 

:crying2: 

Archived