Why no female pop star has surpassed Britney's impact in pop?

KatLove

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tl;dr

Britney and her family worked ******* hard at the start to get her where she is now. She wasn't born famous or rich. She was born in the South. Drove up and down on long car rides.  Living  proof if you follow your dreams (or your parents') you can make it.

Britney WAS the first of her kind in the US. Pure pop in the MTV era. She attracted teens; boys and girls, moms, dads, gays, straights. Every girl wanted to be her and every guy wanted to **** her (or be ****** by her BF Justin)

More importantly though, Britney is humble. Never bragged about herself. Lived a clean image until 2002, and still she has a great public image compared to other celebs. Never gets into any drama with others. EVERYONE who has worked with her says she's been very professional and easy to work with.

But yeah, being a trendsetter, everlasting motivation and being humble and sweet. That's why she's the best there is. No other flop can come close to having all of these qualities.

21 hours ago, 0bsessed said:

In terms of peak and still slaying, Britney 1998-2008

Rihanna 2005-PRESENT onwards 

A legend isn't defined by their peak or how much they slay :eheeek:

Rihanna is definitely an icon. She has a lot of hardcore fans and is a well respected artist within the industry. However, she has not changed or influenced the industry in any way whatsoever.

Madonna is a legend because she, MJ and Whitney pretty much invented Pop music.

Britney Spears is a legend because she pretty much set the foundations for the modern day pop star, and is the reason pop culture exists. She also revolutionised the pop world in many ways by mixing R&B and pop music back in 2000/2001 along with Pink and Christina way before Beyonce or any other pop girl. This trend is still alive in 2016

Gaga is like Rihanna. An icon. However, not legendary yet.

ill cut Beyonce slack though... She's definitely a legend. Proving that racism is a thing of the past, being flawless overall and fighting for equal rights no matter your appearance or gender identity 

27 minutes ago, PrivateShow said:

tl;dr

Britney and her family worked ******* hard at the start to get her where she is now. She wasn't born famous or rich. She was born in the South. Drove up and down on long car rides.  Living  proof if you follow your dreams (or your parents') you can make it.

Britney WAS the first of her kind in the US. Pure pop in the MTV era. She attracted teens; boys and girls, moms, dads, gays, straights. Every girl wanted to be her and every guy wanted to **** her (or be ****** by her BF Justin)

More importantly though, Britney is humble. Never bragged about herself. Lived a clean image until 2002, and still she has a great public image compared to other celebs. Never gets into any drama with others. EVERYONE who has worked with her says she's been very professional and easy to work with.

But yeah, being a trendsetter, everlasting motivation and being humble and sweet. That's why she's the best there is. No other flop can come close to having all of these qualities.

Even as an adult, I can see that she was never 'Crazy' during 2007. She had a lot going on and most people would do the same thing. The GP know that now and that's why she has a great public image and people root for her. Here in the UK, people think Lady Gaga and Madonna have a screw loose, because they act abnormal all the time. But that's what makes then iconic I suppose 

Guest Brichney.
22 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I'm not talking about music in anyway with Swift.

Im talking about fascination with her private life. She is probs the closest. Obviously not the same but ppl haven't been obsessed with anyone has much since Britney. 

I think she is basic and hope karma gets her but she is HUGE with the paps. The difference is she loves it and Britney didn't 

she might have achieved brinty's level in terms of gp criticism but that's about it

tumblr_nbfr2oZDiJ1rfduvxo1_400.gif

13 hours ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I hope we're talking post-Madonna...Because I don't think Britney has surpassed either Madonna or Janet when it comes to making pop music.

Beyonce has surpassed Britney when it comes to dominating pop culture...She may not make "pop" music, but she dominates popular culture and in my mind, that's pretty much the same thing. :janet:

Britney has definitely surpassed Janet tho :xcuseme:

And what is a Beyonce? :whitneyshade:

14 hours ago, KatLove said:

Or every decade has that one artist who is that decade phenomenon?

No, I think its a generation thing, I mean each decade has an artist that shines but that artist doesn´t always influence pop music enough to become a legend, like Rihanna or Katy Perry.

For example a pop star that in my opinion is already a legend and an icon as well is Justin Bieber. He invented this whole trend of very young boy pop stars that become famous via youtube :yaknow:

Taylor Swift, Katy Perry Rihanna and Beyonce haven´t done anything that really influences the industry in an important way :beynah:

4 hours ago, lollerboy98 said:

A legend isn't defined by their peak or how much they slay :eheeek:

Rihanna is definitely an icon. She has a lot of hardcore fans and is a well respected artist within the industry. However, she has not changed or influenced the industry in any way whatsoever.

Madonna is a legend because she, MJ and Whitney pretty much invented Pop music.

Britney Spears is a legend because she pretty much set the foundations for the modern day pop star, and is the reason pop culture exists. She also revolutionised the pop world in many ways by mixing R&B and pop music back in 2000/2001 along with Pink and Christina way before Beyonce or any other pop girl. This trend is still alive in 2016

Gaga is like Rihanna. An icon. However, not legendary yet.

ill cut Beyonce slack though... She's definitely a legend. Proving that racism is a thing of the past, being flawless overall and fighting for equal rights no matter your appearance or gender identity 

I'll co-sign this. I see no lies.

Archived