Britney and Paul Soliz spotted together in Malibu with his family

I think Britney likely has Borderline Personality Disorder. My partner has it, and the girlfriend of one of my best friend's has it. It's very difficult to live with, especially if you don't know you have it or how to treat it. Impulsivity is a core component. Thinking you're a bad person (she talked about this in her book). Crippling fear of abandonment. Seeing things in black and white extremes, you go from loving to hating really quick. All stems from trauma and emotional dysregulation. From the outside looking in, Britney appears a mess, appears to be making terrible decisions. From her perspective, she's acting on impulse. Almost every single person she trusted in her life abused and betrayed that trust. She has no objectivity, no self regulation system. She has been subjected to repeated cycles of abuse for her entire life. This is a woman who is terrified of being alone but also cannot stand being engulfed. She will likely pull people in and then push them away. It's not something anyone can help with, unless she identifies the problem and seeks treatment from trusted professionals. It's a very emotionally turbulent personality disorder and very upsetting to witness. I still struggle with it in my relationship, but the more you understand it, the better you can equip yourself against the emotional torrents. She needs unconditional love, stability and patience. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TheBeatGoesOn said:

I think Britney likely has Borderline Personality Disorder. My partner has it, and the girlfriend of one of my best friend's has it. It's very difficult to live with, especially if you don't know you have it or how to treat it. Impulsivity is a core component. Thinking you're a bad person (she talked about this in her book). Crippling fear of abandonment. Seeing things in black and white extremes, you go from loving to hating really quick. All stems from trauma and emotional dysregulation. From the outside looking in, Britney appears a mess, appears to be making terrible decisions. From her perspective, she's acting on impulse. Almost every single person she trusted in her life abused and betrayed that trust. She has no objectivity, no self regulation system. She has been subjected to repeated cycles of abuse for her entire life. This is a woman who is terrified of being alone but also cannot stand being engulfed. She will likely pull people in and then push them away. It's not something anyone can help with, unless she identifies the problem and seeks treatment from trusted professionals. It's a very emotionally turbulent personality disorder and very upsetting to witness. I still struggle with it in my relationship, but the more you understand it, the better you can equip yourself against the emotional torrents. She needs unconditional love, stability and patience. 

Bro stop diagnosing Britney 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Myaway said:

Bro stop diagnosing Britney 

It's not possible for me to diagnose her. I think she very likely has a personality disorder. A lot of people in this thread are shaming her behaviour, but they don't understand it. Fans want her to act "normally" and "responsibly". How can someone who's been abused for decades be expected to know what that even looks like? 

25 minutes ago, TheBeatGoesOn said:

It's not possible for me to diagnose her. I think she very likely has a personality disorder. A lot of people in this thread are shaming her behaviour, but they don't understand it. Fans want her to act "normally" and "responsibly". How can someone who's been abused for decades be expected to know what that even looks like? 

You're not even a Doctor 

44 minutes ago, TheBeatGoesOn said:

I’ve thought for a while she presents with Borderline Personality Disorder too, thanks for sharing your insight.

I hate to be one of those internet morons thinking I know her when clearly I don’t, but I can only go off the presentation she gives on Instagram. 

Edited by troubleforyou
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, troubleforyou said:

I’ve thought for a while she presents with Borderline Personality Disorder too, thanks for sharing your insight.

I hate to be one of those internet morons thinking I know her when clearly I don’t, but I can only go off the presentation she gives on Instagram. 

It's not just Insta tho is it. She married two people she barely knew in impulsive decisions and in the same year. 

27 minutes ago, troubleforyou said:

Actually you don't have to know someone well to recognize personality disorders. Sometimes all you need is a conversation with a narcissist to know that they are one. We can't diagnose, but we can be mindful. And a lot of people in this thread are judging her based on the assumption she doesn't have a personality disorder. That's going to do a lot more harm than good. 

Her history of trauma, the words that I read in her book, her Instagram captions, frequently deactivating and reactivating her Instagram account, all off this information can build a bigger picture. Britney is impulsive, we know this. She bounces between extremes of loving and hating her family. She thinks she is a bad person, she even said in her book she has believed since her separation from JT she was "cursed". She has difficulty with relationships. She's exquisitely sensitive. She lashes out when she perceives a threat, even if someone is acting in good faith. 

It hurts me to see people being so cruel about how she is behaving right now. She's obviously making poor choices, but it stems from trauma. That needs a lot of patience and care.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.