Music By Sia Is Offensive (Opinion)

The Exhale Psychic

Here Are my Arguments

So I was  not against Maddie Ziegler playing an Autistic character at first, but now from watching the trailer and seeing it, the portrayal is completely inappropriate and offensive. yes People with Autism on the spectrum can be like that. but they way that Ziegler has been Directed by sia makes it feel very juvenile. and almost making fun of. but what has made me very upset with this is that Sia has worked with Autisim speaks on this film, a disgusting organization, who believe Autism is a disease and needs to be cured.  being autistic i am very dissapointed  in sia for doing this, with all the education now surrounding autisim i am very worried this film will make people go backwards 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omgosh, I thought you meant her previously released songs and then I got confused. Dang, me. This title is difficult. And apparently "Music" is this person's name? Ooh, how quirky and definitely humanizing. /s SMH.

Anyway, I mostly agree but I thought Maddie's trailer performance was worse than juvenile. Juvenile, I'm personally fine with because I am actually a childish woman! I understand other autistic people don't want that to be a trope and whatnot, but that also makes me feel a little bad. Like how I'm a "bad bi," because I'd like to have an open relationship, and I'm a bad autie because I'm a woman-child, lol. Oh well! I'm just me, I don't represent women or any group, only myself.

We might indeed go backwards, it happens. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: (BTW, the emote selection is broken for me.)

Archived