Can you imagine a LIVE acoustic performance of Just Like Me?

Guest ItsNathanbitch

Britney can sing live (look at Circus tour- you oughta know). But I think she's afraid of failing and being brutally dragged again. She's not 100% sure that she will be able to pull a live performance, if people stopped bashing her/critizing her for her singing (including her own fans) maybe she would be able to give us a live performance.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ItsNathanbitch
2 minutes ago, ALLEYESONUS! said:

You never know :gloria: We might need a miracle :orangu: 

We definitely do. Britney singing even a sentence live would be a miracle :jackk: 

Guest ItsNathanbitch
3 minutes ago, saicis said:

It's the ONLY thing I want from her now; to hear her sing live. 

This tbh. Heck, even if she only sang 1 or 2 songs live, I'd be content. 

Guest ItsNathanbitch
2 minutes ago, lolo. said:

Britney can sing live (look at Circus tour- you oughta know). But I think she's afraid of failing and being brutally dragged again. She's not 100% sure that she will be able to pull a live performance, if people stopped bashing her/critizing her for her singing (including her own fans) maybe she would be able to give us a live performance.

This tbh. I think it does ultimately come down to a confidence issue. I really do hope she does find the confidence to sing live again, this era especially would be the perfect time to start. 

10 minutes ago, ItsNathanbitch said:

This. I just have this feeling she will sing something live. I really hope she will, because it's the one thing that's really getting her the most criticism. 

I mean, it's Primeney 2.0. She's confident, she's happy, she's a mom, she's ****, she grabs crotches, she throws shades, she doesn't give a ****. Even though Britney has been always lip-syncing, she had her live moments as well and I wouldn't be surprised if we heard some live vocals from 2016ney. After Carpool Karaoke we know that she still can sing.

1 minute ago, ItsNathanbitch said:

This tbh. I think it does ultimately come down to a confidence issue. I really do hope she does find the confidence to sing live again, this era especially would be the perfect time to start. 

Exactly. It's a lack of confidence. Even in Carpool Karaoke she sings low to don't go out of tune. Even Céline Dion could be off pitch in a TV programme like that because nobody would be brave enough to drag her, but Briney is in a extreme under pressure situation that she is not even able to have fun singing in a shitty TV show due to her fear to be dragged.

Guest ItsNathanbitch
2 minutes ago, Acai Berry said:

I mean, it's Primeney 2.0. She's confident, she's happy, she's a mom, she's ****, she grabs crotches, she throws shades, she doesn't give a ****. Even though Britney has been always lip-syncing, she had her live moments as well and I wouldn't be surprised if we heard some live vocals from 2016ney. After Carpool Karaoke we know that she still can sing.

Exactly. That whole VMA's microphone fiasco (assuming it's true) sort of implies she wanted to sing live, which would have been such an amazing opportunity. I really hope at least with some of the other promo performances, we'll get some live vocals. 

Guest ItsNathanbitch
3 minutes ago, Criminal.G said:

I would be so slain. :ohnoney:

It's my favourite song off the album. So much emotion in her singing of this song. :bpout:

Ikr? And I love that guitar as well. Makes the song sound so natural! 

Guest ItsNathanbitch
4 minutes ago, lolo. said:

Exactly. It's a lack of confidence. Even in Carpool Karaoke she sings low to don't go out of tune. Even Céline Dion could be off pitch in a TV programme like that because nobody would be brave enough to drag her, but Briney is in a extreme under pressure situation that she is not even able to have fun singing in a shitty TV show due to her fear to be dragged.

This tbh. It's sad too, because even other singers who aren't exactly known for their vocals (Katy, Rihanna) still manage to sing live too. But we know she's got a great voice, she just needs to share it.

Guest ItsNathanbitch
2 minutes ago, MAG said:

This would be the perfect song for it. Just a guitar and her vocals. Hell, even prerecorded vocals, if she would rehearse them so its not completely obvious :jackk:

Not even pre-recorded vocals, I'd only be here for live vocals tbh :orangu: 

Guest ItsNathanbitch
2 minutes ago, MAG said:

Ugh, this is me settling for prerecorded vocals because I've given up on ever getting a "live" performance :crying1:

How sad it's come to this :orangu: 

I would die. She has always had effortless runs, she clearly still has a lot of strength behind her voice. What she has is amazing versatility actually. It's hard to tell in a fully mastered record, but it almost seems like an improvement in breath support as well. There's a big difference even from Hold On Tight, or He About To Lose Me for example (I'm not comparing the songs, obviously.. but on the last two albums before Glory I guess it's some of her clearest vocals). The vibrato doesn't crack as much (I actually kind of love that tbh), it just seems to have smoother transitions. 

That first verse absolutely killed me when I heard it. The 'singing out my lungs' bit. Oh god. It's too much :crying2:

Anyway, the point is she is a skilled vocalist that could easily pull off a live song like this without straining as long as she had the right training and support. I never want her to feel uncomfortable though, so I can only hope she feels safe enough at some point.

I honestly feel like Glory gives her the perfect opportunity to do something like that, and Just Like Me is probably the best song for the job. I mean, her vocals sound effortless throughout the whole thing and if she doesn't have to dance during the performance, it would be possible :donewithit:

But then again, girl needs to want it. :selenerz:

Guest ItsNathanbitch
23 minutes ago, lasairfhionashy said:

I would die. She has always had effortless runs, she clearly still has a lot of strength behind her voice. What she has is amazing versatility actually. It's hard to tell in a fully mastered record, but it almost seems like an improvement in breath support as well. There's a big difference even from Hold On Tight, or He About To Lose Me for example (I'm not comparing the songs, obviously.. but on the last two albums before Glory I guess it's some of her clearest vocals). The vibrato doesn't crack as much (I actually kind of love that tbh), it just seems to have smoother transitions. 

That first verse absolutely killed me when I heard it. The 'singing out my lungs' bit. Oh god. It's too much :crying2:

Anyway, the point is she is a skilled vocalist that could easily pull off a live song like this without straining as long as she had the right training and support. I never want her to feel uncomfortable though, so I can only hope she feels safe enough at some point.

Well said. Even if she wasn't 100% pitch perfect, like, it's still a live performance and I think we'd all appreciate that. Even some of her early live performances were a bit pitchy at times. But I definitely agree with everything you've said, it really sounds like she has worked on improving her vocals for this album. Hence, this would be a great time for some live vocals :crying1: 

Guest ItsNathanbitch
15 minutes ago, jokerr said:

I honestly feel like Glory gives her the perfect opportunity to do something like that, and Just Like Me is probably the best song for the job. I mean, her vocals sound effortless throughout the whole thing and if she doesn't have to dance during the performance, it would be possible :donewithit:

But then again, girl needs to want it. :selenerz:

Exactly this! It's the perfect era/opportunity to give some live vocals. Even Just Luv Me would be another good choice. 

And tbh :jackk: 

Archived