Why is Britney considered a legend?

Crayboy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28 augusti 2016 at 0:09 PM, Crayboy said:

NOT a negative thread. So I was having a discussion with my friends who are huge Beyonce fans. They kept telling me how she is a legend and that Britney never will nor has been a legend.

that got me to thinking, what is considered a legend? why is Britney in particular considered one? Is she more of a legend than for example Beyonce?

school me

Because Britney reinvented popmusic, had amazing music videos, iconic performances and fierce dancemoves. She was the sexiest woman on the planet, sold millions and millions of albums worldwide. 

No other female artist were bigger between 1998-2005. Then alot of **** happened with Britney.....

Just look at all the amazing hits! :)

BABY ONE MORE TIME

CRAZY

SOMETIMES

BORN TO MAKE YOU HAPPY

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN

STRONGER

DONT LET ME BE THE LAST TO KNOW

IM A SLAVE 4 U

OVERPROTECTED

IM NOT A GIRL, NOT YET A WOMAN

BOYS

ME AGAINST THE MUSIC

TOXIC

EVERYTIME

GIMME MORE

PIECE OF ME

WOMANIZER

CIRCUS

HOLD IT AGAINST ME

TILL THE WORLD ENDS

WORK *****

MAKE ME

=O 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Know It All said:

I've wondered this too. What are the parameters of a "legend"?

She had a stretch of good years from 1999 - 2006 (7 years), but since then, nothing has been very good. She was the #1 female pop star from like 2000-2003. Do you get to be a legend after a modest streak like that?

More likely 98-2012. Her career started flopping only in 2013 with Britney Jean, but before that she had a lot of sucess on everything she did. 

Britney influenced a whole generation, she brought teen pop back. In 98 rock and boy bands were making it, not any other teen solo act. After her, there was a lot of teens making it like christina, jessica, Mandy, etc etc. 

Her impact was so big, it was like a Britney mania. At the time several outlets that she was the one female who had major impact after madonna. In 2003 she was already a legend. She did so many things in 5 years that a lot of people don't accomplish in their whole life. Bieber is the one rn that come close to her Britney mania. Beyoncé is rn the one that come close to her impact. Adele is the one that come Close to her success. Even tho, she was huge in everything... Influence, impact, sales. 

If we look back at late 90s and 00s she was the breakout star and she was the female who sold more on the 00s.

At the age of 20, she had sold more than 50m albums. 

We see a lot of these today's artists influenced by her... Selena, miley, tinashe, bieber, etc etc. 

Nobody caused more impact or influenced more on her generation. That's why she's a legend. She had it all. Impact, an enormous success, influence. She changed the game and started trends. There is a lot of pop culture when u think of her. A lot that are iconic. People remember til this day bomt, oops, her collab with madonna, toxic, slave, the vmas, the denim outfit and so on. Her videos, songs, performances even her breakdown keep on people's head til this day. 

Archived