HOW is this possible???

I'm not trying to bash other artists because that's not what I'm about and I love rihanna but let's put this into perspective.

This is what you came for has 410 million views and that video is pure garbage. 

Dressed in a potato sack wailing her arms in a boxed room with flashing lights yet britney stans are complaining about the make me video. 

Please help me understand because I don't...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Risebondagebarbiee said:

I'm not trying to bash other artists because that's not what I'm about and I love rihanna but let's put this into perspective.

Dressed in a potato sack wailing her arms in a boxed room with flashing lights yet britney stans are complaining about the make me video. 

Well how often do you hear that song on the radio? How often do you hear about Rihanna? Or Calvin Harris? You hear about them all the time, they are relevant, that song has been getting spins all the time, and they promoted the **** out of that song.

Britney has been out of the spotlight for a while and she hasn't promoted a lot (as of right now) so we can't expect her to be even close to TIWYCF

2 minutes ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

Well how often do you hear that song on the radio? How often do you hear about Rihanna? Or Calvin Harris? You hear about them all the time, they are relevant, that song has been getting spins all the time, and they promoted the **** out of that song.

Britney has been out of the spotlight for a while and she hasn't promoted a lot (as of right now) so we can't expect her to be even close to TIWYCF

But I'm talking about the video. No one talks about how crappy that video is...actually all I see is praise for it.

Just now, Risebondagebarbiee said:

But I'm talking about the video. No one talks about how crappy that video is...actually all I see is praise for it.

Because everyone loves Rihanna and Calving Harris. It's just their reputation. Britney's reputation is kind of tainted because of her past, and people like she's an old has been because she's been in the industry since she was a teenager. It's never really going to change.

1 minute ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

Because everyone loves Rihanna and Calving Harris. It's just their reputation. Britney's reputation is kind of tainted because of her past, and people like she's an old has been because she's been in the industry since she was a teenager. It's never really going to change.

What I'm trying to get at is her fan base supports that video why can't britney fans support her with the make me video?

15 minutes ago, Risebondagebarbiee said:

Because it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Rihanna has had like 6 singles within a span of 2ish months. She already latched onto to the gp. MM was Britney's opportunity to show the gp that she's still relevant in the current pop scene.

1 minute ago, Risebondagebarbiee said:

What I'm trying to get at is her fan base supports that video why can't britney fans support her with the make me video?

Ok but answer this: When has Rihanna put out an exceptional music video, that's still considered to be iconic and amazing to this day? A lot of her videos are so similar, I just tend to blur them together, nothing really special. They just have lower expectations for videos from her.

Britney has always had visually appealing music videos that helped her stand out from her peers. It's part of what makes her an icon. Make Me just falls so far below a Britney fan's expectations for a video because it's so basic, bland, no dancing, nothing is special about it. That's why our fanbase has trouble supporting the video,

19 minutes ago, Risebondagebarbiee said:

well this is what you came for is not a lead single, not even her single... it's a CH song

7 minutes ago, Risebondagebarbiee said:

Because Rihanna never had iconic or high quality videos, just some of them are good (Umbrella per example is one of the very few ones i can call iconic) she's popular and people will over-praise her *** because she's very mainstream and is ''cool'' to like her, but from Britney, she used to deliver very good and entertained videos, and most of them were iconic, we are USED to it, and we ALWAYS expect her to deliver the best and bring us something iconic (which lately wasn't happening sadly) we still have hope that we will get to experience ALL of that again. :rihit:

most songs that are collaborations with DJs dont have a need to get an artistic vid, the audience will care only about music, if its a banger or nah + put here popularity of Rih and Calvin and **** loads of promo
for Brit's music videos are a big part of her image, maybe, toxic wouldnt become iconic without vid and everybody talking about her being nude covered in diamonds + put here the fact that team B said that they scrapped the MM vid for being pointless, so they care much about a vid being a part of the image, its just the mm vid we have now is not the decent replacement of what we could have
fans hating MM vid and its nothing spectacular for gp turned into fewer views
everything seems logical unfortunately for MM :sickofu:

Archived