Has anyone else here watched Zack Synder's 2011 movie entitled "Sucker Punch"? I know it's hated by many, but for me it's actually interesting. If you have, when you were watching the movie and analyzing the storyline, have you also remembered/thought about Britney? Especially in today's situation, you know what i mean? 😉
People who indeed watched the movie can relate to this post. Here are my thoughs:
For those who haven't watched the movie,
1. Babydoll (the main protagonist) was forced into a mental institution by her evil stepfather against her will. She was framed for killing her younger sister even if the whole thing happened by accident; she was actually aiming the gun for her evil stepfather. She was never formally diagnosed of any kind of mental illness.
2. Babydoll, in the movie, has two layers of fantasy worlds as her way to escape the harsh reality. The first layer, she imagines herself in a brothel instead of being in a mental health facility. In her "brothel world" women were ***ualized, abused, gave services to their male clients. They were being forced to perform dances even if not all of them do not really like to.
3. Babydoll was asked to dance in front of everyone and she was hesitant at first. She then becomes motivated when she puts another layer of fantasy whenever she performs, called her "Dream Within a Dream" world which is a second layer of fantasy on top of her "brothel world". In this world, she met a wise man who gave her weapons like a sword and a gun to fight the monsters in the DWAD world (she was a like a videogame character who kicks *** and fights enemies physically in this world). But he also told her the most important things that she needed to get in her brothel world - Map, Fire, Knife, and a Key. Why did he guided her with all of these? Because she stated that she wanted freedom, she needed to "get out of here".
4. A fellow dancer at her brothel world (fellow inmate at the "real world") asked Babydoll what does "her dances say". She said that it means that she wanted to escape before the high roller comes. The high roller in this "brothel world" is her lobotomy doctor at her "real world".
5. Have you noticed Babydoll's look? Inspired by Britney? I know it's not exactly the same, i get it. But notice the pigtails/side pony tails similarity combined with a school girl uniform? Minus the weapons, headband of course. At least one other person in twitter have actually mistaken Babydoll for Britney.
And i was shocked to see this tweet:
What are your thoughts?