Normani says Camila Cabello's racist posts hurt her

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Normani has faced a lot of racist hatred from darker parts of Twitter. 

Then there was the Camila Cabello expose - she posted a bunch of racist content on her old social media accounts pre-fame. She apologized, but people are having a hard time letting it go. 

There's also a fan-feud between Camila and Normani stans. 

Normani opened up about it in the new issue of Rolling Stone.

"I want to be very clear about what I'm going to say on this uncomfortable subject and figured it would be best to write out my thoughts to avoid being misconstrued, as I have been in the past," Normani wrote in an email to the magazine. "I struggled with talking about this because I didn't want it to be a part of my narrative, but I am a black woman, who is a part of an entire generation that has a similar story."

She then wrote, "I face senseless attacks daily, as does the rest of my community."

"This represents a day in the life for us," she continued. "I have been tolerating discrimination far before I could even comprehend what exactly was happening. Direct and subliminal hatred has been geared towards me for many years solely because of the color of my skin. It would be dishonest if I said that this particular scenario didn't hurt me. It was devastating that this came from a place that was supposed to be a safe haven and a sisterhood, because I knew that if the tables were turned I would defend each of them in a single heartbeat. It took days for her to acknowledge what I was dealing with online and then years for her to take responsibility for the offensive tweets that recently resurfaced. Whether or not it was her intention, this made me feel like I was second to the relationship that she had with her fans."

Thoughts?

normani-camila.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader
17 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

For those defending her

it wasn’t a one and done saying a black slur 

it was a whole tumblr account FILLED with racists stereotypes “jokes”, her saying the n word numerous times 

and she was like 15

I see both sides. It was inexcusable, but... should we hold this against her for the rest of her life? Is it best to hold a grudge? Genuinely asking

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

I see both sides. It was inexcusable, but... should we hold this against her for the rest of her life? Is it best to hold a grudge? Genuinely asking

There are better people in the world 

she’s not a good person in my eyes anymore and that’s all that matters 

if someone at some regular desk job or a teaching position was found with this kind of account, they would be fired in one instant

why does she get a pass cause she released some shitty songs sounding like Britney Spears hacking up a fur ball 

Omg, I did not know about this, I do not stan Camila or any other ex FH even tho I used to say Camila was my favorite in the group,  and now I totally regret it by saying that.

as it was already said, the fact she was 15 at that time it is NOT and definitely should not be an excuse. 

camila needs to be:

sassy all that GIF by Nickelodeon

Not a Normani fan tbh but Camila kind of turns me off now after we've seen her true face , of course she has to hide her racist *** now that she's famous but it's obvious she's an ignorant spoiled **** who sees herself superior . And I find it disgusting , never felt anything from her music either I only liked the break the ice Havana mash up and that's all . 

• Leader
10 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

There are better people in the world 

she’s not a good person in my eyes anymore and that’s all that matters 

if someone at some regular desk job or a teaching position was found with this kind of account, they would be fired in one instant

why does she get a pass cause she released some shitty songs sounding like Britney Spears hacking up a fur ball 

hmmm I don't know. Holding people accountable for mistakes they made when they were 15. 

I agree, 15 is old enough to know better, however 15-year-olds do some stupid things. 

I don't feel it's right to hold this against her in perpetuity. 

• Leader
5 hours ago, VeronicaTheWtich said:

Omg, I did not know about this, I do not stan Camila or any other ex FH even tho I used to say Camila was my favorite in the group,  and now I totally regret it by saying that.

as it was already said, the fact she was 15 at that time it is NOT and definitely should not be an excuse. 

camila needs to be:

sassy all that GIF by Nickelodeon

Cancel culture is not the vibe :joanne:

9 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

hmmm I don't know. Holding people accountable for mistakes they made when they were 15. 

I agree, 15 is old enough to know better, however 15-year-olds do some stupid things. 

Not holding a grudge but totally lost interest in camila bc of it. Theres just other artists id rather support. Wish her well tho and a better life and behavior. 

• Content Curators
8 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Everyone can have their own opinions 

But As a person of color im not gonna support a racist 

:notfeelinit:

• Content Curators
11 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Also most 15-16 year olds don’t have an entire tumblr account FILLED with racist disgusting posts 

it’s not just some stupid thing 

8 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Omg I'm the pop star crusader lol. :runga:

I guess I just ultimately believe that people can change. Mistakes made in the past shouldn't define someone permanently. 

mte. I'm pretty sure she has changed and grown up since she was 15. It shouldn't be taken that seriously tbh

Archived