Lady Gaga dedicates her Higher Ground Award to people of color

She has a point. Definitely. The thing that I do not understand is this "white people this, white people that" narrative. Slavery was ended two centuries ago and some people still behave that it is a problem until now. Yes, there might be racists (white against black) people as well as there are racists (black vs white) people. The hell. We all can learn. This is not about slavery nor racism, this should be about being decent human being. I encountered a person of colour the other day in IG/FB commentΒ section. The lady stated that all white people are racist because of slavery in the US. I genuinely asked her what my white familyΒ did in the US since my ancestors lived in Czech for centuries. How could she said that all white people are the same racist people that hurt her or her family. Not a single black soul answered. Everyone attacked me for being Czech. Since when Czech people colonised America? Brits, Spanish people, French, Dutch people, Swedes did, not Czech people. Therefore, I genuinely think that all people can learn. Both sides have share of their mistakes and we all can learn from those mistakes. It starts with individuals. Yes, of course there are many examples of white people being racist towards POC. I do not defend them. They should be held accountable. As well as there are many examples of black people being racist towards white people. They should be held accountable as well. And yes, white people enslaved Africans, yes. However, those who did it aren't those who live in these days. Also, if I am not mistaken, there were kingdoms in Africa that were fighting and enslaving people of their enemies. How is that nobody talks about it? How is that nobody talks about selling slaves to the white colonists? How is that nobody is talking about slavery in ancient China or Greek? How is that nobody talks about slavery in Latin America (it is said that slavery there was worse than in US)? Let's all learn instead of pointing finger at a particular group and blame everything on it.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block