Taylor Swift confirms she's already begun re-recording her old music (video)

• Leader

Now that it's officially November, Taylor Swift can now legally re-record her first five albums. She didn't waste any time. Swift confirmed during her acceptance speech for Artist of the Year at the AMAs that she is already re-recording.

Once Taylor re-records her first five records, she will legally own the rights. 

She can record all the way up from her debut to 1989. She'll have to wait until 2022 to re-record Reputation, but re-recording five albums worth of material will definitely keep her busy. 

Are you excited to hear Taylor's past music 2.0? 

swift-re.jpg.49c23f71d21e050a9b4a2367b4091dcb.jpg

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

No, because i've been listening to Taylor's records for more than a decade now and i've gotten so used to her records that it's as embedded in my psyche as Britney's and Xtina's music. I just know the magic will be gone so i'm not here for some JoJo-esque re-recording mess. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

I’ve heard some Jojo re recordings and girl... I’m scared at this point. :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, King Sleezy Style said:

What does re-record mean? Those songs will sound the same or it will be a total mess? I’m scared ‘cause I love her discography. :hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared:

Think the first two jojo albums that she did, they can't sound the same, but sound similar. 

They have to tweak it, to avoid a lawsuit. 

Scooter is willing to sell then (he's actually been advised by the financial company that helped him secure the money) but Taylor Swift hates him, she won't talk. 

6 minutes ago, King Sleezy Style said:

I’ve heard some Jojo re recordings and girl... I’m scared at this point.

5 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one worried about this. Of course I’d love Tay-Tay to own her masters, she deserves them. However, just like my beloved wife Roxxy, Taylor’s music is a part of me. I wouldn’t bear any modifications. My suggestion is go for extended outros. 

I love you, my husbands. :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

It is definitely scary. I mean...

While I agree that JoJo's voice is much stronger and powerful now than it was during her teens - and Taylor is the same. It's still scary to hear songs like You Belong With Me sung in a 31 year old Taylor voice. She's a full grown adult woman now. The high school crush magic will be lost! :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
19 minutes ago, allthat88 said:

I think it could be cool but Taylor is in her 30s now.  It’ll be weird to hear her grown up voice sing some of the songs thar are more young sounding.  I think they work cause she’s young & sounds young and sweet but I 100% get the point of doin it so do it get those rights & that coin boo.  

She can always update some of the lyrics since she's a genius in songwriting, especially lyrics. Plus it will be good for marketing too.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block