New court docs claim Britney's estate is worth around $57 million NOT including her music

Slayer

That’s still a very very small number considering her years of success. Most celebrities have their money in real estate. For example Gwen Stefani has over $100 million in real estate alone. 

makes you think how long shady **** has been going on that she’s worth so little in the celebrity world. She probably wasn’t seeing any money her early years. You also have to remember Britney doesn’t have any writing credits to her big songs so there’s not going to be that much royalties involved there. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Slayer said:

This is the interesting part of the The Blast's recent article:

Britney's Estate Worth $60 Million, NOT Including Her Music!

In the documents, Britney's lawyer says she currently has $57,396,852.35 in cash, investments, and property.

Shockingly, this amount does not include her intellectual property (i.e the music) because it's values is too difficult to appraise at this point. "Due to the difficulties in valuing the Conservatee's Intellectual Property, including, without limitation, trademarks, royalties, copyrights, name and likeness, these assets are not valued at this time," the document states.

In other words, she is worth TONS more than the $60 million on paper.

Source: https://theblast.com/c/britney-spears-conservatorship-voluntary-files-court-estate-financial-company-father-jamie-spears-out

Of course they start with "CONSERVATORSHIP IS VOLUNTARY".

It is, if Jamie is not involved. Also, I wish the trust gets to be the sole conservator, instead of "co-conservator" with Jamie. How is he qualified to be on that position? He doesn't have any studies related to them, that we know of, he's old and he's ill.

• Like 1

Makes sense, definitely got to be worth a ton! She's worked so consistently compared to most artists over the years(and no I don't mean  necessarily promo lol) the Britney brand is a big big beast. They wouldn't be handing out NDA's as party favors if they weren't shoveling out loads of her money behind the scenes SMH! Also the fact that Bessemer Trust who they want to switch to apparently handles Apple, Amazon etc. that should tell us how much money is involved also.

• Like 1

But one thing I don’t get is if it is difficult to evaluate how much she has from music then does she really have access to any money from music in that case? Also even if the music is not included what about all the money the perfumes have made?! There is definitley soemthing shady going on.  

• Love 1
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, timito said:

But one thing I don’t get is if it is difficult to evaluate how much she has from music then does she really have access to any money from music in that case? Also even if the music is not included what about all the money the perfumes have made?! There is definitley soemthing shady going on.  

Perfume is included with the Royalties they said they can’t put a number to. She received one large amount for her perfume deal and gets x amounts of royalties per year, although it’s not as much as we would think it would be. 

• Like 1

Britney is a money machine. She’s what Donald Trump wishes he could be. It’s like when you say Britney is one of the worlds biggest celebrities and people respond no but she was...😂 That’s incorrect. Once you reach a certain point of big and become a household name, you are forever a big celebrity. That means that you always have future business opportunities because your name is so well known it will always generate some form of success. People don’t have to like her but the ***** has bank. She earned it.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Tours is her breadwinner, music, she's not known for songwriting (another breadwinner here) and when she does it depends on what her shares are. Probably small on later albums outside in the zone and Britney as most of those tracks came from her journal entries. 

But artists that don't write hits still earn royalties (They obviously have to be not only big hits, but enduring hits which corresponds with Britney's situation)...

"Take, for example, the song “I Will Always Love You” from the 1992 soundtrack for “The Bodyguard.” That version of the song was performed by Whitney Houston, the recording of which is owned Sony Music Entertainment division Arista Records. However the song was written by Dolly Parton, who owns the composition, including the lyrics and melody. Spotify would have to pay Sony to license the recording, who would then give Houston’s estate a percentage of the stream. It would also have to pay the music publisher and songwriter. In this case, Parton is both."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/28/how-spotify-licenses-and-pays-for-music-rights.htm

2 hours ago, timito said:

And the intellectual property that they mentioned-"trademarks, royalties, copyrights, name and likeness" probably has to include perfume, which she continues to earn money from.

• Love 3

I don’t think her perfumes royalties are counted also it’s impossible, if this is the actual amount Britney’s worth that mean Britney has the worst perfume deal ever! It’s no way her perfume line is a billion dollar business & she only has 60 million dollars. It’s not possible, with the perfume alone she should be over a 100 million + In royalties maybe substantially more than 100 million 

• Love 2