Katy Perry low-key confirms Las Vegas residency

• Leader

Katy Perry might be Las Vegas’ next big resident performer! :katycry:

It was once assumed artists go to Vegas to lay their careers to rest, but those days are long gone. Celine Dion, Elton John, Mariah Carey and Britney Spears paved the way for fellow A-list artists to make Sin City their second home. Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani, Ricky Martin, Cher, Bruno Mars, Drake, Cardi B, Marshmello, Xtina, The Backstreet Boys, and many more are the latest to light up the Vegas strip, and if the reports are true… next is Katy Perry. :katybelt:

Perry not-so-subtly hinted that she'll be headed to Vegas sooner than later. During a live chat with fans, someone asked about the project she'll kickoff a residency in Vegas. Perry directly acknowledged the fan by name and winked.

It's unclear when this will go down. Vegas' iconic strip took a hard hit amidst the pandemic. Hotels closed and laid-off/furloughed thousands of employees, including performers in the shows. 

All residencies are postponed until further notice, however MGM properties plan on allowing ticket sales to resume on June 1st pending no further wide-sweeping changes.

Vital Vegas on Twitter, who have accurately reported Vegas-related news before an official announcement hit, claims Katy is eyeing a residency at Vegas' up-and-coming monster hotel, Resorts World, opening in 2021.

Last year, the Las Vegas Review Journal claimed Katy “informally” appeared at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace to tour the venue for around an hour. Caesars Entertainment officials reportedly joined Katy on the walk-through to discuss a possible residency at The Colosseum.

The prospect of Katy calling Las Vegas her second home is pretty interesting.

Would you go see Katy in Vegas?

katy-vegas.jpg

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

In before the Britney set the trend comments :goat:

LOL it’s true thoughhh! I know you acknowledged the other legends that came before but honestly no one currently  releasing  Top 40 radio hits was doing  a Vegas residency before Brit made the plunge and showed the industry that it could be done AND lucrative. 

I wonder what shady comment will come out of her mouth about it. You know that’s coming :tina:

• Like 2
  • Leader
13 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

LOL it’s true thoughhh! I know you acknowledged the other legends that came before but honestly no one currently  releasing  Top 40 radio hits was doing  a Vegas residency before Brit made the plunge and showed the industry that it could be done AND lucrative. 

I wonder what shady comment will come out of her mouth about it. You know that’s coming :tina:

I think she learnt her lesson :tina:

She's in a better place :tina:

• Super Mods
29 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I think Monsters give Britney credit where credit's due. :goat:

I was just on Gagadaily and people are saying Gaga set the trend so now everyone is doing it because of her on their own Katy topic. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Monsters also think set the trend for Judy Garland to be in a Star is Born... 

Lol I think they were also saying she is a reincarnation of Judy? That era really rubbed me the wrong way about them, they got too stuffy ever since Gaga won an Oscar. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, Itscuzim31 said:

The DELUSION! almost as bad as the 🐝 hive...

It’s why I hate awards, like it does nothing but inflate people’s ego. I don’t care if Britney doesn’t win any awards, she doesn’t need them to know she’s a good artist. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I’d only go is it was free. I went to the tour Teenage Dream tour or whatever it was called, I was super into her at the time and I just thought the concert was eh. It definitely wasn’t bad, but there was really nothing memorable about it. It was kinda all stuff I had seen before. But I mean, she’s pretty much set up to just milk her old hits for the rest of her career it seems, so a residency makes sense. 

• 3 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block