Female Song Of The Decade 2010s - Brackets: Round 5

Round 5  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FEMALE SONG OF THE DECADE 2010s 

BRACKETS

Spoiler

7KTnZNV.jpg

Round 5

Poll 1

Dark Horse - Katy Perry ft. Juicy J

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS_ffu4W9D4_dfyPzjt3t

First released as a promotional single from Prism and charting in the top 20 in September 2013, Dark Horse was deemed the third single from Prism three months later. It combines the genres of pop, trap, hip hop and electropop and lyrically have a "witchy, spell-y kind of black magic-y idea". It topped the charts in February, having a consistent run for 5 months Billboard identified Dark Horse as cementing trap music's place on the charts. The song has sold 13.2 million units (combined sales and track-equivalent streams), becoming the second best-selling song worldwide of the decade. As of 2019, it is one of the best selling songs in digital history. The subsequent video was the first female video to hit 1B views and currently has 2.8B views.

VS

Havana - Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHGcq_-Ne5xNNPCOIFbHu

Released in August 2017 as a promotional single from her debut album Camila, it is a salsa-inspired mid-tempo pop, R&B song, on which Cabello embraces her Cuban heritage. Due to its rising success, "Havana" later became the official lead single of Camila, replacing "Crying in the Club". “Havana" reached number one in multiple countries including US and UK. It was the best selling digital single of 2018 according to the IFPI. The subsequent video won the Video of the Year against Taylor Swift’s Look What You Made Me Do at the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards, receiving three other nominations.

___

Poll 2

Hello - Adele

_single_hello_adele__by_juniiorsm_d9eby5

Released on 23 October 2015 by as the lead single from her third studio album, 25, "Hello" is a piano ballad with soulinfluences, and lyrics that discuss themes of nostalgia and regret. Upon release, the song was acclaimed by music critics, who compared it favourably to Adele's previous work and praised the song's lyrics and Adele's vocals. “Hello" reached number one in almost every country it charted in, including the UK and had the largest opening week sales in three years. In the US, it debuted at the top of the Hot 100, reigning for 10 consecutive weeks. By end of 2015, it had sold 12.3 million units globally while it stands as one of the best-selling singles of all-time.It also broke the record for shortest time to reach one billion YouTube views (87 days).

VS

Shallow - Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIQYXC3frCIweVdsSBNJ_

Released on September 27, 2018 as the lead single from the soundtrack of the 2018 musical romantic drama film, A Star Is Born, the track received widespread acclaim from music critics, who commended Gaga's vocals, the dramatic nature of the composition and the songwriting. Commercially, the song topped the charts in more than twenty countries and reached the top ten elsewhere. It has received numerous accolades including the Academy Award for Best Original Song, the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, the BAFTA Award for Best Film Music and the Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Song.

___

Poll 3

Royals - Lorde

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSft0PFrRxcrgw3YJk4s3p

“Royals" is the debut single by Lorde, from her debut EP, The Love Club. It was later included on her debut studio album, Pure Heroine. It is described as an art pop and electropop song with influences of grime, hip hop, and indie pop. Its lyrics detail disapproval of the luxurious lifestyle of contemporary artists. Contemporary critics received it with widespread acclaim and praised its musical style, lyrics and Lorde's vocal delivery. Several sites ranked it as one of the best songs of the year. The single garnered success on charts internationally, reaching the number one spot for nine consecutive weeks on the Hot 100, and simultaneously breaking several records. It sold 10 million units worldwide, making it one of the best-selling singles of all-time. It has received the Grammy for Song Of The Year.

VS

bad guy - Billie Eilish

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLvFvE9BJ2L23xkTPWTBw

Released as the fifth single from Eilish's debut studio album When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?, the song was described as electropop, dance-pop, pop-trap, and nu-goth pop. “Bad Guy" was a commercial success, reaching number one on the US BillboardHot 100, as well as on other countries. In the United States, "Bad Guy" ended the record-breaking 19-week run of "Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus. “Bad Guy" has received several awards, including Record and Song of the Year at the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards.

___

Poll 4

Rolling In The Deep - Adele

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy4Ifn_7kr4hOPnLLp8zZ

As the lead single and opening track on her second album, 21, it was the largest crossover hit in the United States from the past 25 years, "Rolling in the Deep" gained radio airplay from many different radio formats. “Rolling in the Deep" was highly acclaimed by music critics and represented a commercial breakthrough for Adele, propelling her to international success. The song reached number one in 11 countries, including the US for 7 weeks. By February 2012, "Rolling in the Deep" had sold over 8.7 million copies in the United States, making it the best-selling digital song by a female artist in the US, the second-best-selling digital song in the US and Adele's best-selling single outside her native country. “Rolling in the Deep" received three Grammy Awards for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Short Form Music Video. Rolling Stone ranking it number 8 on its list of "The 100 Greatest Songs of the 21st Century".

VS

Diamonds - Rihanna

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLm1M8zU4p2yl0tKht83i

Released in September 2012 as the lead single of her seventh studio album Unapologetic, "Diamonds" is a mid-tempo pop, electronic and R&B ballad that features heavy synthesizers, orchestral sounds and electronic rhythms. The song's lyrics serve as a departure from the themes of unhealthy relationships that were on Rihanna's previous singles. “Diamonds" topped music charts in over twenty countries, including the United States, where it became Rihanna's twelfth number one single on the Hot 100 and tied her with Madonna and The Supremes for the fifth-most number one singles in the chart's history. By May 2013, it had sold over 7.5 million copies worldwide and became one of the best-selling singles of all-time. It was certified quintuple platinum by the RIAA and sold over 3.5 million digital copies in the country.

adele-hello.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Havana, Hello, and Rolling In The Deep :duadance: I had to vote for round three and that’s a crime against humanity because I cannot stand both of those songs since Billy Eyelash’s Bad Guy and her music have been overplayed to death so I voted for Royals :imok: this is coming from someone who was living for her at Coachella and even had a few of her songs on my year end lists but I cannot stand how overexposed she has become like it’s annoying at this point :bang:

My picks:

1. Dark Horse - everything about the song is a serve, the cover, the drop, the visuals, the performances, the video :tiffdrink: Iconic smash hit :tiffdrink: Havana got annoying after a while but DH still sounds fresh :tiffdrink:

dark horse GIF

2. Shallow - Both Grammy winning critically acclaimed masterpieces. This was actually really difficult but as much as I love Hello it’s a tad bit overrated so I went with Shallow :tiffdrink: 

Lady Gaga Oscars GIF by Sky

3. Royals - Again, 2 song of the years. I don’t even know why Bad Guy is so successful when it’s such a basic song that sounds like something YouTubers make but it dethroned OTR so props to that :tiffdrink: Royals is better but Team is superior :tiffdrink: Voted for Royals :tiffdrink:

royals GIF

4. Diamonds - Rolling In The Deep outimpacted but Diamonds is one of Riri’s bests and a personal fav :tiffdrink: Sia wrote the song in under 30 minutes so that’s also a plus :tiffdrink:

robyn rihanna fenty GIF

This is the end of the initial single elimination rounds :tiffdrink: we’ll be progressing to the next stage of the brackets once a considerable amount of votes are polled in all 5 rounds :tiffdrink:

I am really disappointed to say that none of the threads have even rocked in 30 votes :tiffdrink: Y’all let me flop like that and it has curbed my enthusiasm for the whole tournament :tiffdrink:

3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I hate this round. This is the worst round, ever. But i gotta do it so here goes. :tiffdrink:

HavanaShallowBad Guy, and Rolling in the Deep.

First Cali Gurls :tiffdrink: and now Dark Horse :tiffdrink:

8 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Havana (Dark Horse is basic AF and aged like milk)

Dark Horse is fine wine. Aged better than half the stuff on Prism :tiffdrink: Still getting 500k views per day :tiffdrink:

1 minute ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

First Cali Gurls :tiffdrink: and now Dark Horse :tiffdrink:

Are there other KP songs? It's just those two aren't exactly like my faves. Well, one is but at this point i'm kinda like tired of it while Havana is still kinda fresh on my ears. :bop:

Wait no i remember i voted for Firework:didilie:

Archived