Katy Perry drops album title track "Smile"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Katy Perry released a new song titled "Smile." The track originally hit the Internet back in February - that version featured P Diddy. :katycry:

The track is vibrant and upbeat. She sings about being thankful and grateful. It is definitely a ray of sunshine in a world that feels very doomy gloomy. 

It's written by Anthony Criss, Benny Golson, Starrah, Ferras, Josh Abraham, Kier Gist, Oliver Goldstein, Vincent Brown and Katy. 

Abraham, Oligee and G Koop produced it.

I read some fans hating on it because it sounds like a Prism reject, but I disagree.

Sonically, it's not innovative, but it's VERY radio-friendly. It'll get stuck in your head all afternoon, and for Katy that's very important; she hasn't had luck charting in a hot minute, but "Smile" could be that pop gem Katy needed to debut back on the Hot 100. 

Diddy's verse is pretty fresh, too. He doesn't overdo it.

I can't link you due to copyright reasons, but it certainly exists. :snarky:

Coming to save pop :letitburn:

Related:

katy-perry-song-premiere.jpg

• Like 2
  • Leader
6 hours ago, ILuvMe said:

I feel like she made a few songs with both Zedd and Charlie Puth, and they're releasing them one by one to see which one stick and maybe follow that direction for an album. Hope it's good! 

Nailed it. Her Zedd collabs sound better to me. The Charlie Puth tracks are usually DOA. However, I do love "Harleys In Hawaii"

• Leader
4 minutes ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

hahaha I know... but after seeing here live in 2008 and her horrible live vocals I never managed to connect to any of her music again... 🤷🏽‍♂️

Prism came out in 2013. Give it a stream :byetina:

https://open.spotify.com/album/3jB9yFDwRe3KhtGnHXJntk?si=L4ND9ZyBSVWCRDJ-8zWYQA

Also IDK why Spotify embeds aren't showing up. Gonna work on fixing that :byesmoke:

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block