Kelly Clarkson is working on a covers project

Jordan Miller

• Leader

kelly-clarkson-new-album.jpg

Kelly Clarkson is readying a covers project, according to country music singer-songwriter Ronnie Dunn. 

Kelly is one of my personal faves, so I'm pretty excited about this. However, I was hoping when she'd release a new project, it'd be brand new songs. I'll take what I can get. 

Perhaps she's working on a new album AND a cover album. Kelly teased *something* is in the works.

Some of my go-to shower albums are Stronger and All I Ever Wanted. And when I need a good melancholy cry I'll stream "My December." I also have to admit I've been obsessed with Breakaway and Thankful recently. "The Trouble With Love Is" is in my Top 10 most favorite songs of all time.

Y'all excited for whatever she's readying?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense to me. Shes doing her Vegas gig soon right? Why bother releasing an album with new material when you can do a covers album. She can add one or two of those songs into her vegas performances (change them with each night). Could be fun! 

I am a big Clarkson fan but I don’t listen to her last two albums...Piece by piece has some bops and The Meaning of Life did nothing for me  🙈

I want classic rock/pop with some soul mixed in. 

haha I LOOOVE HER all the way from the beginning... and I love how she had became into this funny,  kind hearted and sucessful mom... 
I would not mind a covers album.. but of course we would need it to have a KILLER setlist and this to be revamped with Kelly vocals and current producers. 

Im thinking some good tunes from people as Whitney, Aretha, Mariah... which is ultimately the type of music Kelly always has wanted to make. 

@JordanMiller I tought I was the only one still streaming My December!..."Maybe" is one of my all time favorite songs :clap1:.

Archived