This is officially the longest period of time we've been without a new videoclip

PokemonSpears

MAR/11/2019 UPDATE: so tomorrow (today depending where you live) it's gonna be 844 days since Slumber Party video came out, making this the longest period of time that we've spent without a new music video from Britney Spears. Congratulations SP :crying3:

JAN/05/2019 UPDATE: in 2 months, specifically, if she doesn't release a new video before March 11, 2019, which is very unlikely given yesterday's news, this will be officially the longest period of time between two Britney Spears videoclips, which would be from Slumber Party to whatever she releases next.

I never thought we would ever surpass the former longest period, but considering how from Gimme More / Blackout a whole new era in Britney's career started, probably in the following years this will be seen as the beginning of a new era altogether, the third era, coinciding with the 20th anniversary.

I know many of you don't care about music videos, but I do, because it was the main way I became a Britney fan to begin with, before buying her albums or watching her live performances, it was the music videos the way I was introduced to Britney Spears, so they've always been important to me. We used to get so many every year (and I even think they could've been more) but in recent years they've seem to have lost importance to them.

===============================

unless Britney releases a new videoclip in the next 4 days

So the longest gap between two Britney Spears videos has been Someday (I Will Understand) - Gimme More, which I hope we never reach again, but I noticed we're about to enter the second longest gap in a few days.

UPDATE: this is officially the second longest period of time without a new music video  :crying1: 

Here is the list of how much time passed between each video, from the longest to shortest. The parentheses duration might seem strange but I notice the website I used didn't take 1 month = 30 days, but it takes the amount of the days from the month of the start date. I marked with red the gaps that were the longest at some point.

1. Slumber Party - March 11th: 844 days (2 years, 3 months, 22 days) <-- we're here and counting :(
  2. Someday (I Will Understand) - Gimme More: 843 days (2 years, 3 months, 21 days) <-- the former longest gap
  3. Perfume - Pretty Girls: 519 days (1 year, 5 months, 3 days)

4. Boys (Co-Ed Remix) - Me Against the Music: 491 days (1 year, 4 months, 4 days)
  5. 3 - Hold It Against Me: 475 days (1 year, 3 months, 18 days)
  6. Pretty Girls - Make Me...: 450 days (1 year, 2 months, 23 days)
  7. Criminal - Scream & Shout: 408 days (1 year, 1 month, 11 days)

8. Break the Ice - Womanizer: 212 days (6 months, 28 days)
  9. Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know - I'm a Slave 4 U: 206 days (6 months, 22 days)

10. ...Baby One More Time - Sometimes: aprox. 172 days (5 months, 21 days)
  11. Everytime - My Prerogative: 157 days (5 months, 4 days)

12. Do Somethin' - Someday (I Will Understand): 147 days (4 months, 27 days)
    Scream & Shout (Remix) - Ooh La La: 147 days
  13. (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop! Remix) - Born to Make You Happy: 141 days (4 months, 18 days)
  14. Stronger - Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know: 120 days (4 months)
  15. I Wanna Go - Criminal: 117 days (3 months, 25 days)
  16. From the Bottom of My Broken Heart - Oops!... I Did It Again: 115 days (3 months, 24 days)
  17. Lucky - Stronger: 112 days (3 months, 20 days)
  18. If U Seek Amy - Radar: 111 days (3 months, 19 days)
  19. Make Me... - Slumber Party: 105 days (3 months, 13 days)

20. Circus - If U Seek Amy: 98 days (3 months, 8 days)
  21. Kill the Lights - 3: 95 days (3 months, 3 days)
  22. Oops!... I Did It Again - Lucky: 94 days (3 months, 3 days) 
  23. I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman - Overprotected (Darkchild Remix): 90 days (3 months)
    Toxic - Everytime: 90 days
  24. Piece of Me - Break the Ice: 89 days (2 months, 27 days)
  25. Me Against the Music - Toxic: 84 days (2 months, 23 days)
  26. Ooh La La - Work *****: 82 days (2 months, 20 days)
  27. I'm a Slave 4 U - Overprotected: aprox 79 days (2 months, 18 days)
  28. Scream & Shout - Scream & Shout (Remix): 78 days (2 months, 17 days)
  29. Sometimes - (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop! Remix): 73 days (2 months, 12 days)
  30. Outrageous (GH:MP) - Do Somethin': 70 days (2 months, 9 days)
    Gimme More - Piece of Me: 70 days
    Work ***** - Perfume: 70 days
  31. Till the World Ends - I Wanna Go: 67 days (2 months, 6 days)
  32. Overprotected (Darkchild Remix) - I Love Rock 'n' Roll: aprox 62 days (2 months, 1 day)
  33. Womanizer - Circus: 55 days (1 month, 24 days)
  34. My Prerogative - Outrageous (GH:MP): 54 days (1 month, 24 days)

35. Hold It Against Me - Till the World Ends: 48 days (1 month, 20 days)
  36. Radar - Kill the Lights: 26 days
  37. I Love Rock 'n' Roll - Boys (Co-Ed Remix): aprox 21 days
  38. Overprotected - I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman: aprox 14 days
  39. Born to Make You Happy - From the Bottom of My Broken Heart: aprox 11 days

I wish she released a new videoclip this year :crying1: but I know it's very unlikely

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse
6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

unless Britney releases a new videoclip in the next 4 days

omg

8efd01e297b249e30c1367747a8aabca.gif

* this train sure knows how to ride *

(Y)

Guest Diamond Horse
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I have to wait at my job because of tech support, till they finish their tests, so I gotta do something more productive than just waiting at the phone lol 

you call this productive? :cackling: get back to w ***** :tiffcackle: :tiffcackle:

Wow am I the only one that doesn't really care or isn't bothered by this? :slowdown: I mean it's just a music video, when we get them you hoes don't even watch them more than twice Slumber Party deserved better :yasqueen: I guess it's because I'm fairly new (been a fan since FF, stan since 2016) so I'm just used to long gaps :snarky:

Archived