Why is Britney so rude/shady to artists that pay tribute to her?

Lately, Britney has been giving off a lot of shade and rude vibes when artists pay tribute to her outfits, songs, artistry etc. It comes off as very BITTER - why was it ok for Britney to perform, reference and call out many artists she has been inspired by during her career but it’s not ok for artists to do the same for her? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Cher:

Janet:

Madonna:

Whitney Houston:

And any cover songs “my prerogative” , “I can’t get no satisfaction” etc

Should Britney be more humble in accepting the fact that she will be honored and her legacy and impact has touched many many artists instead of shading and backhand complimenting them? Then outright hating them e.g. Selena Gomez, maybe Halsey 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Honestly... it's hard to understand because there is no plausible explanation. She is like that  (publicly) since the Disney tribute award, when she gave the nonsense explanation about remixes.

That's not a normal behavior... At all. She probably is very mentally sick, she is clearly not ok.

So her attitude will be weird and nonsense. But I bet she will not attack any of the Cade friends, just like she didn't attack Paris for paying homage to the Toxic outfit last halloween...

It's even more weird the fact her brand only sells nostalgia, but Britney herself hates all of it... she hates the nostalgia.

Edited by Dark Willow

She might be histrionic or a narcissist. She said it herself. She likes the attention and relishes in the drama. People with narcissistic tendencies are hypersensitive to criticism. In her book she talks about how as a child she used to do things to draw attention to herself because it was the only way to get any attention. It looks like it runs in her family. These conditions tend to get worse after 18 and other external factors like trauma. If you follow the trajectory of her life after 18, it was around 21-22 when she started to spiral with the Justin break-up and Jason Alexander situation. She also started dating Kevin Federline not long after when she was 22. She never seemed the same since. If you compare her life before and after 18, she seemed like a completely different person. 

I’m not trying to justify her behavior, but I think maybe she’s holding in resentment, & that’s her subconscious way of clearing it out. Everyone copes differently — & her impulsivity on IG doesn’t help either, but you have to remember that’s she’s been said to have been a victim of abuse for a very long time, & as the quote says, “hurt people hurt people.” Sure, anyone can jump in & say, “She’s so petty, she could do better,” but the truth is we can’t emplace our own expectations onto others. Maybe she’s carrying baggage (understandably) & she might need to gather the willpower to actually work on herself, in order to improve — that’s if she hasn’t already, bc we don’t know her. Otherwise, she might remain caught up in that pattern of clapbacks & seemingly passive-aggressive sarcasm. By the way, this is just an opinion, based on what I’ve read in her memoir, & from my external/subjective perception of her.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.