Revlon's Last Perfume Gift Sets of Britney's Contract Ending in 2024

2 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Something I'm curious about, will this mean her perfumes will discontinue entirely? Or can they continue reproducing what they have in circulation but can't produce new fragrances? 

they'll have to hand everything, including formulas, etc to the new company GBB

Revlon will not be able to produce or sell any more Britney perfumes (well, I don't know what happens with what is already in stores) and GBB will be able to manufacture all the old perfumes, plus new ones with the license of Britney Spears

• Love 3
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Something I'm curious about, will this mean her perfumes will discontinue entirely? Or can they continue reproducing what they have in circulation but can't produce new fragrances? 

If so that'd be the end of an era :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Revlon will not be able to produce or sell any more Britney perfumes (well, I don't know what happens with what is already in stores) and GBB will be able to manufacture all the old perfumes, plus new ones with the license of Britney Spears

Perfect. I can stop caring about Revlon then lol 😅

8 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Right! I was like… why isn't there more of a meltdown on here?? 😄

it's hard to predict what's gonna happen next, only time will tell if this change is for the better or not.

In theory, things should remain relatively the same. It turns out the people that are gonna be in charge of the perfume line in the new company, are the same employees that handled the line all these years at Revlon, so they know how things work.

The problem is precisely that, that Revlon is suing them bc the whole change to the other company and how they got Britney Brands to sign with them was all done under very shady circumstances. They disclosed confidential information with the new company, while they were still working at Revlon, and apparently they didn't inform them that they were quitting to join GBB. Or so Revlon says, that's what a judge will have to determine.

But if so, who knows how this will impact the future of the brand. I don't think Revlon can do anything about it, their latest contract was gonna expire this year anyways. But there's a saying where I live that says "what starts out bad, ends up bad", call it karma or whatever, hopefully that's not the case for this new era in her perfumes. I really don't know what the employees have to say or what were their reasons to handle things this way instead of being more open, like quitting first, and once they were at the other company, approach Britney Brands to offer them a better contract. If Britney decided to sign with them, Revlon would've had to hand them all the info anyways, so who knows.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

it's hard to predict what's gonna happen next, only time will tell if this change is for the better or not.

In theory, things should remain relatively the same. It turns out the people that are gonna be in charge of the perfume line in the new company, are the same employees that handled the line all these years at Revlon, so they know how things work.

The problem is precisely that, that Revlon is suing them bc the whole change to the other company and how they got Britney Brands to sign with them was all done under very shady circumstances. They disclosed confidential information with the new company, while they were still working at Revlon, and apparently they didn't inform them that they were quitting to join GBB. Or so Revlon says, that's what a judge will have to determine.

But if so, who knows how this will impact the future of the brand. I don't think Revlon can do anything about it, their latest contract was gonna expire this year anyways. But there's a saying where I live that says "what starts out bad, ends up bad", call it karma or whatever, hopefully that's not the case for this new era in her perfumes. I really don't know what the employees have to say or what were their reasons to handle things this way instead of being more open, like quitting first, and once they were at the other company, approach Britney Brands to offer them a better contract. If Britney decided to sign with them, Revlon would've had to hand them all the info anyways, so who knows.

I wonder who orchestrated all this .... for them to leave and then having enough incentive to get Britney on board with all it. Does feel shady. I wonder if Britney is even aware of it.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

What's GBB? And when was this deal done?

17 minutes ago, MYAH MARIE 3.0 said:

What's GBB? And when was this deal done?

Give Back Beauty

So Elizabeth Arden now owned by Revlon, got the original contract with Britney in 2004, which ended in 2009. After that, they kept renewing it for intervals of 5 years, meaning 2010-2014, 2015-2019 and the last renewal was from 2020-2024, so it was gonna expire this December. From Revlon's perspective there was no reason to change things, so they had started negotiations in fall 2023, and by March this year they had finalized their contract extension

They claim Britney Brands sent the final contract to them in April, they signed it and sent it back, and that the only thing missing was Britney Spears own signature. However, without them knowing, the employees from Revlon that were in charge of the perfume line all these years were moving one by one to GBB behind their backs. By May Britney Brands had already declined to renew with them (meaning they had already chosen the other company).

Apparently GBB had been wooing the Revlon employees since February, and they were also in talks to Britney Brands making them believe that these employees were already hired with them. Revlon alleges that Britney Brands wouldn't have signed so quickly with the new company unless they felt secured with something, like knowing that these employees were gonna handle the line in this new company.

Here's the complaint filed by Revlon

https://www.bloomberglaw.com/public/desktop/document/REVLONCONSUMERPRODUCTSLLCetalvGiveBackBeautySAetalDocketNo124cv06?doc_id=XD0UR7AL8I8M4QMLK37I3JA024

Again, this is just their word, and I really don't know what the employees or GBB responded to this, I don't know who's following the case. But it's a fact that the employees moved to GBB and that Britney Brands signed the new contract with them, so it makes sense. Revlon still has their deal until December 31 and starting next year it's gonna be under GBB, but we don't know if it's gonna be for 5 years too, or a shorter or longer period.

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Give Back Beauty

So Elizabeth Arden now owned by Revlon, got the original contract with Britney in 2004, which ended in 2009. After that, they kept renewing it for intervals of 5 years, meaning 2010-2014, 2015-2019 and the last renewal was from 2020-2024, so it was gonna expire this December. From Revlon's perspective there was no reason to change things, so they had started negotiations in fall 2023, and by March this year they had finalized their contract extension

They claim Britney Brands sent the final contract to them in April, they signed it and sent it back, and that the only thing missing was Britney Spears own signature. However, without them knowing, the employees from Revlon that were in charge of the perfume line all these years were moving one by one to GBB behind their backs. By May Britney Brands had already declined to renew with them (meaning they had already chosen the other company).

Apparently GBB had been wooing the Revlon employees since February, and they were also in talks to Britney Brands making them believe that these employees were already hired with them. Revlon alleges that Britney Brands wouldn't have signed so quickly with the new company unless they felt secured with something, like knowing that these employees were gonna handle the line in this new company.

Here's the complaint filed by Revlon

https://www.bloomberglaw.com/public/desktop/document/REVLONCONSUMERPRODUCTSLLCetalvGiveBackBeautySAetalDocketNo124cv06?doc_id=XD0UR7AL8I8M4QMLK37I3JA024

Again, this is just their word, and I really don't know what the employees or GBB responded to this, I don't know who's following the case. But it's a fact that the employees moved to GBB and that Britney Brands signed the new contract with them, so it makes sense. Revlon still has their deal until December 31 and starting next year it's gonna be under GBB, but we don't know if it's gonna be for 5 years too, or a shorter or longer period.

Revlon didn’t show any support to Britney during or after the cship. I’m sure she’s triggered by them handling her perfumes without her knowledge or input all those years so I’m not surprised if Britney wants to move her fragrance line to another company.

9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Thats so shady, it’s gross misconduct. All work contract state that you’re not allowed to seek the customer base from your current employer if you move to a new employer, usually a 1 or 2 year cooling off period before you can contact old customers

1 hour ago, Body ache said:

Revlon didn’t show any support to Britney during or after the cship. I’m sure she’s triggered by them handling her perfumes without her knowledge or input all those years so I’m not surprised if Britney wants to move her fragrance line to another company.

She's literally gonna be working with the exact same people that handled her perfumes all these years, including the cship years, only that they'll now be working with the competition.

6 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Thats so shady, it’s gross misconduct. All work contract state that you’re not allowed to seek the customer base from your current employer if you move to a new employer, usually a 1 or 2 year cooling off period before you can contact old customers

Exactly.

If GBB went as far as to do that in order to snatch that contract, they must be willing to pay any compensation in case the employees are found guilty (if they don't go to jail, I really don't know if that'd be applicable in this case). They'll probably recover all that and more with the profit of the perfumes in a few months. But I don't know, I feel like karma always finds its way and it'll be a shame if Britney's brand gets affected by this in the future, even if they have no blame in all this.

The thing is, even if Britney Brands decided to stay with Revlon, the employees would've already been at GBB, so it would've implied new people to come in to manage this 20+ years emporium with no knowledge or experience. So a change was bound to happen one way or another.

That’s kind of sad, in a nostalgic sort of way, but after “Hidden Fantasy,” I had honestly stopped keeping count. They all became very uninspired & basic from her Circus era forward — & I missed the old packaging for her sets. They’d all been seemingly replaced with same photos from her Vegas residency. Still sad though, & “Radiance” sort of stood out as well, perhaps bc of the commercial. Other than that, there were way too many versions of her fragrances, a ridiculous amount.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.