Not releasing this song was a huge mistake

Emil87

On 9/26/2024 at 5:03 AM, camerasareflashin' said:

I don't think it matches Britney's sound. I don't like Imagine Dragons at all but they sound way better on this song! 

I agree that it doesn’t fit her typical sound, but it was cool for her to try something different! I personally think her voice sounds great on it, but Imagine Dragons also did the song justice.

17 hours ago, BritneyFan4Life27 said:

I freaking LOVE this song. I dunno why it wasn’t released. Someone needs to interview Alex Da Kid to see what happened.

Also I wouldn’t mind her working with him in the future if she ever starts recording music again. Just sayin 🤷🏽‍♂️

I love it too! And I had no idea it was an Alex Da Kid production. Has he worked with Britney on anything before??

20 hours ago, SlideAway said:

Perhaps committing to a movie soundtrack and the added attention that would bring was a step too far for her at the time, because I imagine the song was written to be used for the movie?

I would agree with you, but in 2016 she really stepped out of her comfort zone. I didn’t think she was ready to put herself out there like that, and then she performed on the BMAs and VMAs and proved me wrong.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

I would agree with you, but in 2016 she really stepped out of her comfort zone. I didn’t think she was ready to put herself out there like that, and then she performed on the BMAs and VMAs and proved me wrong.

Sadly, as fierce and seeming in control of the situation as she looked at the time, I'm not sure how much of that was done for team con and how much of it she did for herself.

It's horrible that I can even write that, because I wish I was never in any doubt about Britney's love for performing, but she was in a cage.

I guess it will have to just go down as one of life's sad mysteries as to why she never officially released this song, because I doubt she will ever mention it.

:tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Like 1
On 9/26/2024 at 2:49 AM, Emil87 said:

Who here enjoys “Sucker For Pain” as much as I do? It’s quite a refreshing and different sound for Britney, and I really dig the eerie sounding instrumental. The vocals on it are excellent as well.

The song ended up going to Imagine Dragons, and was a huge hit for them. The music video has over 800M YouTube views.

It was also featured in the 2016 film “The Suicide Squad”. The movie was massively successful, earning $750M at the box office.

I’d like to know whose idea it was to leave this song on the cutting room floor.

spacer.png

True. Let's give Kylie Minogue toxic back 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.