Celine Dion: An Icon and Fighter! (let's talk about it)

Imagine your life, career and identity being built around this one thing and all of a sudden, it's at risk of being gone forever. Think about the loss that she must feel, especially when she genuine loves doing it.

I watched her special with Hoda and have seen other recent interviews (see below) and the one thing I took away from watching them is this: Celine is a Fighter! What captivated me the most was her genuine love and passion for singing and performing. Some might say "she should just retire and stop pushing herself..." but when it's rooted deep inside you, how can you just quit?

In a short period of time, this woman became ill, lost her husband to cancer, lost her brother less than a month later and in the same year, started to experience the onset of her disease by losing her voice, all while raising her kids. Meanwhile, she continued to carry the pressure of continuing a residency and the expectations from millions of fans to be great.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Gypsy Woman said:

Imagine your life, career and identity being built around this one thing and all of a sudden, it's at risk of being gone forever. Think about the loss that she must feel, especially when she genuine loves doing it.

I watched her special with Hoda and have seen other recent interviews (see below) and the one thing I took away from watching them is this: Celine is a Fighter! What captivated me the most was her genuine love and passion for singing and performing. Some might say "she should just retire and stop pushing herself..." but when it's rooted deep inside you, how can you just quit?

In a short period of time, this woman became ill, lost her husband to cancer, lost her brother less than a month later and in the same year, started to experience the onset of her disease by losing her voice, all while raising her kids. Meanwhile, she continued to carry the pressure of continuing a residency and the expectations from millions of fans to be great.

Thank you very much for sharing these videos. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.