J Lo's 'This Is Me... Now' Debuts At #38 On BB200

I listened to the album and watched the movie. Neither were great but I was very impressed with her dancing. Easily the best dancer amongst her peers.

I saw somewhere it only sold around 40,000 copies worldwide proving the point that the overwhelming majority do not care for new music from her. Shame, she’s released some great tracks in the past. Nostalgia and celebrity will help sell out arenas and if she takes the tour outside of America, I’d probably go.

Edited by Broccoli Spears
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

She’s never really had a mega hit album or movie, really, except for her debut album and maybe one movie.

Her second album sold the same as the first, 9/10 millions both,  also the third sold 5/6 millions. Not bad.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Markoct said:

The only good song is Rebound and the rest is cookie cutter hallmark production melodies. 38 is high if u ask me :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes: 

I 'got enough' from my first listen. Some songs I couldnt even get through :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Stopppp. Here’s me actually into the album. I’ve been listening to it since it came out 😭

• Like 1
7 hours ago, sochaotic said:

This makes me kinda sad. this is a HUGE flop, even by veteran standards. The albums movie had a super high budget so I’m actually kinda surprised. She’s been doing a pretty big promo run too.. Hoping at least her single will be a sleeper hit.

I don’t know why anyone’s surprised it didn’t perform well. Older acts just can’t sell records anymore. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, sochaotic said:

This makes me kinda sad. this is a HUGE flop, even by veteran standards. The albums movie had a super high budget so I’m actually kinda surprised. She’s been doing a pretty big promo run too.. Hoping at least her single will be a sleeper hit.

She personally financed $20 mil for that album movie. I watched it out of curiosity, and it was kinda bland. I feel bad for her anyway. Even though there wasn't a single song stuck with me, it was crystal clear that she poured her heart and soul on this album & the movie. It's a shame it flopped this bad.:wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Edited by padam

I’m not gonna try to defend this project but I’m just gonna state some facts. J-Lo, Madonna, Britney all have old fans (I’m talking over 30yo). It’s harder for this audience to make these artists number one on Billboard. The algorithm changed to focus on streams, and teens are the only demographic with the time and energy to stream 24/7.

That being said, it doesn’t mean the project is a flop. It means it is a flop according to the current BB algorithm. But it’s also the #1 movie on Amazon. So baby girl knows what she’s doing. I’m not even a fan, I’m just saying it as it is.

Regarding the album, I don’t like the whole thing but I think it’s a good effort, I agree with the Pitchfork review, 6.6/10.

Edited by EduardoFoster
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.