Instagram is all Britney has left, be kind

• Super Mods

I agree with your post.

I just think the real reason why these videos have such backlash is because:

1. Most of the hate is from people who only supported her being free for she can be a pop star again and perform for them

and in result, are mad that she isn't doing that.

2. Because she doesn't have a polished and glamorous appearance in her posts like most celebs do.

If she was all dolled up in the videos, no one would care as much but because she isn't dolled up and fancy,

people criticize and make fun of her calling her crazy and say she needs to be put back in a conservatorship cause of it.

Which I find ironic cause I bet most of these online critics probably look more disheveled and messy in real life than Britney.

I just wonder why no one critized Aaron Carter or Kanye like they do her.

Freakin double standards :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I agree with your post.

I just think the real reason why these videos have such backlash is because:

1. Most of the hate is from people who only supported her being free for she can be a pop star again and perform for them

and in result, are mad that she isn't doing that.

2. Because she doesn't have a polished and glamorous appearance in her posts like most celebs do.

If she was all dolled up in the videos, no one would care as much but because she isn't dolled up and fancy,

people criticize and make fun of her calling her crazy and say she needs to be put back in a conservatorship cause of it.

Which I find ironic cause I bet most of these online critics probably look more disheveled and messy in real life than Britney.

I just wonder why no one critized Aaron Carter or Kanye like they do her.

Freakin double standards :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

You really hit the nail on the head with the Aaron Carter and Kanye comparison. It's the same situation, mentally ill and somewhat unconventional posts yet she gets the brunt of the backlash. the crazy thing is...unlike kanye and aaron, she isn't saying anything problematic or hurting anyone with her posts, its sad. :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I think when her conservatorship ended, we were all hoping we would see her in a more “normal” light, but the general public’s perception of her isn’t very good and it’s because of what she posts. 
Her Instagram content is very weird and cringe. It doesn’t help that she posts the same things each time, sometimes in different clothing, other times in the same clothing. The way she keeps lowering her pants while “dancing” and posting naked photos (sometimes reposting the same naked photo multiple times) doesn’t help.  Ask any teenager if they would be happy or comfortable with their mom posting what she posts.

I’ve seen criticism for both Kanye and Aaron. Yes, females have always had it worst, but you can’t say these two artists haven’t received any criticism. 

Edited by j4j05

Maybe the reason that I get so defensive about her is because i relate to her struggles sm, especially concerning social media and attention. I have such a difficult relationship with social media. esp as a teen, everyone is on socials and i feel like I have to keep up with people i barely speak to. its fun when people are complimenting you and laughing at your stories but it can be sooo draining and i feel kinda out of control on it sometimes when i post too much during an episode. and then i regret it sm and feel so stupid for posting all this stuff. so i understand completely why britney deletes her posts randomly and reposts them on occasion. with mania, it feels like your mind is racing and you just post whatever comes to mind. NOT saying she's manic right now or recently, i know she struggles with bipolar and even with medicine and therapy sometimes you still struggle. NOT meant to discount what she may or may not be doing for her mental health, but all im saying is....navigating social media with mental illness as a TEEN is even tough, imagine her circumstances of being famous and practically shielded from it for 13 years. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
26 minutes ago, j4j05 said:

I think when her conservatorship ended, we were all hoping we would see her in a more “normal” light, but the general public’s perception of her isn’t very good and it’s because of what she posts. 
Her Instagram content is very weird and cringe. It doesn’t help that she posts the same things each time, sometimes in different clothing, other times in the same clothing. The way she keeps lowering her pants while “dancing” and posting naked photos (sometimes reposting the same naked photo multiple times) doesn’t help.  Ask any teenager if they would be happy or comfortable with their mom posting what she posts.

I’ve seen criticism for both Kanye and Aaron. Yes, females have always had it worst, but you can’t say these two artists haven’t received any criticism. 

Yeah I'll admit sometimes her IG is weird and cringey but what do people think will happen if Britney gets critized?

That she'll straighten up and be miss perfect again to make them stop critzing?

Even when she had her flawless innocent persona,

she still got criticized.

I'm not saying that I support her antics online cause sometimes they do alarm me but honestly people should try to help her and understand her instead of critzing her.

It's easy to judge unless you've walked a mile in someone's shoes.

Do you have evidence that Aaron and Kanye got as much criticism as Britney?

I highly doubt they have had it as much as she has.

• Love 2

I agree for the most part except for Crowdsurf/social media team having no control. They must have control because Britney has complained about her posts disappearing and her having to repost things.

Then there were comments like this that were left on Britney's page that were deleted. That's suspicious.

FYh1Cb8WAAAr1I7?format=jpg&name=medium

IMG-5828.jpg

1 hour ago, misstaterth0t said:

Maybe the reason that I get so defensive about her is because i relate to her struggles sm, especially concerning social media and attention. I have such a difficult relationship with social media. esp as a teen, everyone is on socials and i feel like I have to keep up with people i barely speak to. its fun when people are complimenting you and laughing at your stories but it can be sooo draining and i feel kinda out of control on it sometimes when i post too much during an episode. and then i regret it sm and feel so stupid for posting all this stuff. so i understand completely why britney deletes her posts randomly and reposts them on occasion. with mania, it feels like your mind is racing and you just post whatever comes to mind. NOT saying she's manic right now or recently, i know she struggles with bipolar and even with medicine and therapy sometimes you still struggle. NOT meant to discount what she may or may not be doing for her mental health, but all im saying is....navigating social media with mental illness as a TEEN is even tough, imagine her circumstances of being famous and practically shielded from it for 13 years. 

You just have to remember, social media is not what these “influencers” life is really like.  90-95% of these peoples online personas are not really them.  You do you and don’t worry about clicks…in the end I’d rather be myself and not get the clicks, than to be fake.  

as far as Britney, she has always been told and led to believe that her only “thing” was being ***ual.  She has so much more to offer.  Let her figure it out, with or without the thoughts of the gp.  

• Like 1

If instagram is all Britney has... then her problems are much bigger than we all thought.

A person can't rely only on social media, it isn’t healthy.

3 hours ago, justhanging said:

I agree for the most part except for Crowdsurf/social media team having no control. They must have control because Britney has complained about her posts disappearing and her having to repost things.

Then there were comments like this that were left on Britney's page that were deleted. That's suspicious.

FYh1Cb8WAAAr1I7?format=jpg&name=medium

IMG-5828.jpg

Oh I forgot she complained about posts disappearing... I mean, maybe she lied for some reason, but now you mentioned I remember her complaining about it.

I don't think she is forced to create content now, but fans trying to erase crowdsurf power there like Britney is doing everything by herself... very naive to say the least.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, princessmimi said:

. Because she doesn't have a polished and glamorous appearance in her posts like most celebs do.

I've always agreed with you @princessmimi but not on this one.

Personally, it's not the glamor aspect but more the content, the repetitive moves that don't along with the music. 

It's therapy for her? Awesome, go for it but don't post it. I don't need to post my therapy for it to work. Be creative, innovate do something different. 

That's my point of view. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block