A little summary of J Lo's new movie (This is me...now: A love story):

Fita

jennifer-lopez-this-is-me-now-movie-titl

It's Jennifer Lopez jumping from one relationship to another (there's an abusive one).

romance-jennifer-lopez.gif

love-dancing.gif

Her friends come to make an intervention and to tell her there is a problem going on with her.

you-might-be-a-***-addict-alix-angelis.g

maybe-this-is-me-now-a-love-story.gif

what-jennifer-lopez.gif

She admits it and through her dreams and therapy she finds her hurt roots where there is her inner child who didn't get enough love. And so she starts giving her little self so much love...

awake-jenny.gif

disappointed-jennifer-lopez.gif

Technically speaking, it looks like you're watching a super long music video or a bunch of them together for it's being directed by Dave Meyers (He directed Britney's Radar, right?).

There is A LOT of dance moves.

dancing-jennifer-lopez.gif

wedding-dance-jennifer-lopez.gif

And you can watch that Jennifer Lopez from romantic comedies, she's there!

oh-no-jennifer-lopez.gif

i-don't-even-get-me-jennifer-lopez.gif

It's only 1 hour and some minutes of duration. And, oops, I didn't watch it on Prime Video. I recommend. It's pretty cute, light and touching. Oh and J Lo doesn't sing all of the songs of her album which is okay too, imo.

i'm-coming-jennifer-lopez.gif

feel-the-breeze-jennifer-lopez.gif

Bye!

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1

i wish she performed Dear Ben 2 at the end. His cameo was cool anyway. I think it is a really well made movie and album. I love that it  embraces her life journey in a beautiful way. People can say anything about her being bad singer better quitting -it really doesn't matter. Because she loves herself and her work ethic is strong. And she just gives her best and inspires others to do so. 

Jennifer Lopez Dancing GIF by NBC World Of Dance

• Love 3

I watched it on a whim and was surprised at how creative and genius it was from a marketing standpoint. It’s a perfect vehicle for a thematic album where the track list of songs are essentially working towards telling a very specific story. The concept added visual and context to that storytelling but in a cute, fun and meta way.

Her music is not for me but I do have a newfound respect for her hustle after reading she funded the project herself because no one wanted to take a chance on the idea yet she believed in it that much.

Also, some of the songs are lowkey bops and I would’ve never listened to them if it weren’t for this visual album of a “movie” so yeah, +1 for marketing. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, abcdefyuh said:

I watched it on a whim and was surprised at how creative and genius it was from a marketing standpoint. It’s a perfect vehicle for a thematic album where the track list of songs are essentially working towards telling a very specific story. The concept added visual and context to that storytelling but in a cute, fun and meta way.

Her music is not for me but I do have a newfound respect for her hustle after reading she funded the project herself because no one wanted to take a chance on the idea yet she believed in it that much.

Also, some of the songs are lowkey bops and I would’ve never listened to them if it weren’t for this visual album of a “movie” so yeah, +1 for marketing. 

I read that she spent 20 mi to make that project! And at some point she said she had no more:

Affleck, who’s also an Oscar-winning director and producer, was involved behind the scenes, too. He also offered his wife some movie-making wisdom, which she took to heart since she funded the $20 million project herself.

Ben told me, ‘You’re gonna write it, and then you’re going to film it,’” Lopez told Variety. “When you’re done, you’re going to do a rough cut, and you’re gonna see what it needs, and you’re gonna do three days of reshoots.’ That’s when I said, ‘I can’t do that—I don’t have any more money!’ But he was like, ‘You’re going to do a few days of reshoots, and then you’re going to go back in and edit it. And you’re going to tell your story.’

After she showed him the final cut last year, Lopez recalled, “He said, ‘You made a movie. For you. You made a great movie. You did it.’” She added, “Honestly, I don’t care what happens now. That is the biggest kind of compliment that I could get.”

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.