Katy Perry is leaving ‘American Idol’

• Content Curators

Katy broke the news about wanting to leave American Idol when she stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live)

”I love the show so much,” she tells the host, “but I want to go see the world and maybe bring new music.”

“I think this will probably be my last show, my last season for Idol. “I love Idol so much. It’s connected me with the heart of America, but I feel like I need to go out and feel that pulse to my own beat.”

• Like 5

Not a Katy fan at all but, I keep reading people criticizing her singing. I do not think she is a Mariah or a Celine, obviously, but how is she any less than Taylor? Actually, I think Katy is a better singer and yet, ppl always say she is awful and Taylor is "good". Like, how? If anything, they are equally mid?

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Bigno said:

Not a Katy fan at all but, I keep reading people criticizing her singing. I do not think she is a Mariah or a Celine, obviously, but how is she any less than Taylor? Actually, I think Katy is a better singer and yet, ppl always say she is awful and Taylor is "good". Like, how? If anything, they are equally mid?

Nobody said she’s worse than Taylor. Taylor plays very safe vocally and knows her limits very well. Katy on the other hand, loves to belt when she’s clearly not a vocal powerhouse. She tries way too hard and often struggles. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Doja Kitten said:

Nobody said she’s worse than Taylor. Taylor plays very safe vocally and knows her limits very well. Katy on the other hand, loves to belt when she’s clearly not a vocal powerhouse. She tries way too hard and often struggles. 

I must agree with you. 

Not here, elsewhere, I have read that Katy sucks and Taylor sings "pretty" but yes, Taylor keeps it under reach while Katy feels she is Beyoncé and no, gurl, no. Wake up Katy.

7 hours ago, Bigno said:

I must agree with you. 

Not here, elsewhere, I have read that Katy sucks and Taylor sings "pretty" but yes, Taylor keeps it under reach while Katy feels she is Beyoncé and no, gurl, no. Wake up Katy.

And she’s actually much better nowadays. I remember during teenage dream era her voice cracked all the time.  However she still pushes her voice to its absolute limit these days. I remember she sang Harleys in Hawaii in a public bathroom last year. She struggled a lot with the belting part and people devoured her in the comments. She has a unique tone and with some vocal training she can be fantastic. But I guess that’s not her priority these days..

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.