CHER FILES FOR CONSERVATORSHIP OVER HER SON ELIJAH He's Not Competent to Manage His finances

Cher, a supporter of the #FreeBritney movement, has reportedly filed for a conservatorship over her son Elijah to control access to his money.

In documents filed this week, Cher claims her 47-year-old son is "substantially unable to manage his own financial resources due to severe mental health and substance abuse issues."

The documents state Elijah is entitled to regular payouts from a trust set up by his late father, musician Gregg Allman, but Cher is worried the money will immediately go toward dr**s rather than basic living necessities.

Cher says she's in the best position to serve as conservator over Elijah and notes his two siblings have also given their stamp of approval. 

Cher also claims Elijah's estranged wife is undermining Elijah's attempts to receive mental health and substance abuse treatment. 

A court hearing to decide is scheduled for March 6th, 2024. 

• Like 3
Just now, Naes614 said:

It’s not a conservatorship of the person and maybe he is really bad off. Who knows, but Cher is worth millions so you know it’s not money motivated. 

Yeah, but when you look at Britney's case, she didn't need a C ship on both sides, nor a c ship at all fans all said the same a C Ship isn't needed if someone wants to spend money and go bankrupt.

Also, if he doesn't have dementia or something to where he can't take care of himself, I don't think dr*g addiction qualifies for someone to have their money taken. 

• Like 4
On 12/27/2023 at 5:49 PM, DiamondCircus said:

Yeah, but when you look at Britney's case, she didn't need a C ship on both sides, nor a c ship at all fans all said the same a C Ship isn't needed if someone wants to spend money and go bankrupt.

Also, if he doesn't have dementia or something to where he can't take care of himself, I don't think dr*g addiction qualifies for someone to have their money taken. 

It’s different imo because Britney earned her money, blood sweat and tears and so she should have been able to do whatever she wanted with it. This man obviously is going through stuff and is not making his money through work, instead he’s using his mom as a crutch and is not being productive with the money she gives. If he’s earning his own then yes he should be able to spend it how he wants. 

if not he needs to not be cut off but the money needs to be spent in a productive manner as he seeks help. 

Edited by Aymama
  • Love 2
  • Like 5

Guess that ice cream trip to st tropez is off…

i feel for her but you’re 77 years old going to manage your grown sons money? Its his. If he wants to piss it away on dr**s that’s his prerogative. She has every right to not give him any of HER money but it was money left in a trust by his father. 

you can’t force someone into recovery and wanting a better life for themselves by controlling their money. Trust me- he will find a way to get what he needs. All she’ll end up saving is cash and i don’t think she needs any more of it 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Easy There said:

Not all conservatorships are bad. And some are needed. Just like with Britney. It was just done by bad ppl.

It's obvious britney has severe mental health issues and is in need of certain guidance and help. It was just done by extremely bad ppl

The way you think you know these people so well makes me think someone else needs a conservatorship. 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.