Tate Mcrae brings the Britney print even closer with new performance

summer2summer

54 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

I can assure you, you didnt and never will hit any of my spots LOL

My comment was about you repeatedly calling out people "old millennials" as a derogatory term, while you are an old millennial yourself. It feels like you have a need to distant yourself from that community of people to make yourself feel more young, in your head, at least ;)

Im 10 years younger than you and have friends in their early 20s who share the same opinion as me about Tate and rest of similar singers these days, so it is not about age, it is about how easily are you satisfied and what requirement you need to be satisfied, with yourself or others. Yours, clearly are low :)

Wow. You wrote an essay and managed to say absolutely nothing. 

Calm Down Kim Richards GIF

Edited by ElToxico
2 hours ago, OneTrackMind said:

Wait, all that fuss and she didn't have a number 1 song?? Let alone Top 10?
Billie was even more succesful and all she did was to whisper and wear ugly baggy clothes :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

Greedy is her first top 10 single, #7 to be exact. I bet if it wasn't Christmas she would be a top 3 for sure..Maybe even #1. We'll see what happens after Britmas

10 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

If 5 lines of continuous text is an essay for you then I'm not surprise with your lack of mental capacity to understand what I wrote :)

I love that you took the time to stalk me. If you’ve heard me say this before that means you have been jumping from Tate related post to Tate related post to bash her…..which is quite the effort for someone to constantly go out of their way for….just saying.

Mean Girls Stalker GIF

And yes, I used the term old millennials (I’m completely aware I am one) to describe bitter hags that come in all shapes and forms but one thing in common: Born between 1980 and 1996. Which by the way gives all of us a bad name.

I have visceral reactions everytime I see this type of behaviour because of several reasons:

1)      Tate is an incredibly talented and established artist that has more than one studio album and several accomplishments under her belt in the nearly 5 years she’s been in Music, including hits and collabs with Troy Sivan, Tiesto and Khalid. So seeing her get the recognition she deserves and clearly worked really hard for is awesome.

2)      The fact a lot of millennials (and you) don’t know who she is, it’s because of the bubble that media on demand has created in the last decade, so music has become way more niche.

3)      Unless you have selective memory, It reminds me so much of how Britney was bashed when she was starting out, and was accused of being talentless, that she couldn’t sing, that her music was bland, generic and prefabricated and that she wouldn’t have longevity in the business. Fast forward 20 years and she’s an icon.

I wonder if Madonna fans were this hateful in 1999 when Britney came into the scene? Comparisons to an older artist are a form of flattery in mi books.

You can’t discredit someone’s success just because you don’t like her. Maybe just keep scrolling instead. I have plenty of younger GenZ friends that are obsessed with her so she’s clearly here to stay whether you like it or not, so trying to age shame and/or psychoanalyse me probably won’t solve any of your very evident issues.

Let people enjoy things. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Edited by ElToxico
5 minutes ago, Style. said:

SHE IS NOT A #1 ON NO SPOTIFY. STOP LYING. 

She was until this week when xmas music entered the chart. 

HEADLINEPLANET.COM

In the upper reaches of the chart for the majority of its run, Tate McRae's "greedy" finally ascended to #1 on the Global Spotify Streaming Chart for

oh and also billboard global :clownery_makeup_meme:

WWW.BILLBOARD.COM

Plus, holiday hits surge and new top 10s for Tyla, LE SSERAFIM and Jack Harlow.

8 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

She was until this week when xmas music entered the chart. 

HEADLINEPLANET.COM

In the upper reaches of the chart for the majority of its run, Tate McRae's "greedy" finally ascended to #1 on the Global Spotify Streaming Chart for

oh and also billboard global :clownery_makeup_meme:

WWW.BILLBOARD.COM

Plus, holiday hits surge and new top 10s for Tyla, LE SSERAFIM and Jack Harlow.

Really? When was that? Last month? Nicki flooded the SPOTIFY TOP 10 US + APPLE MUSIC  + ITUNES this week. This Tate Mccringe is flopping on Billboard 200, too. MAD THIS HO’ FLOPPED. Go buy her album! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

3)      Unless you have selective memory, It reminds me so much of how Britney was bashed when she was starting out, and was accused of being talentless, that she couldn’t sing, that her music was bland, generic and prefabricated and that she wouldn’t have longevity in the business. Fast forward 20 years and she’s an icon.

Ppl always tried to discredit Britney back in the day but they could never take away one thing from her, her star quality. She's way more than just her talent. It's her charisma, her facial expressions, the effortless sensuality.

The comparison is unfair because Tate won't be remembered after 20 years. She's a product of her time. She is just another tiktok girl. There's nothing remotely iconic or original about her. Her target audience is teens who want to feel like baddies or whatever

Edited by ImASlave4Brit
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.