Jump to content

Were Britney and Jamie Lynn ever even close?


Recommended Posts

Were Britney and Jamie Lynn ever actually close? 

I was thinking about it because while Britney has made active steps toward reconciliation with her mother and brother, she does not appear to be doing the same with her sister... and they have all wronged her in one way or another.

Could it just be that Britney and Jamie Lynn were never all that close, at least not as close as she was with Bryan and Lynne? 

From reading Britney's book... I don't think they were. I think we as the general public have been led to believe they were. I think the media wanted us to believe they were close.

But let's think of the timeline. Britney became famous when Jamie Lynn was only 6 or 7, which meant that she was already busy with her career and would not have spent all that much time with Jamie Lynn. When Britney described Jamie Lynn as acting like she ran the household, being rude to their mother, and being a spoiled *****, this was around 2001-2002 when Jamie Lynn was around 10. This was well before Zoey 101, or any feud, but it already shows that there was a disconnect even at a young age. 

During Zoey 101, we know Britney was protective of Jamie Lynn and loved her, but this doesn't mean they were close. Jamie Lynn shortly after became pregnant and did not even tell Britney herself, became focused on raising her daughter, and then Britney was institutionalized for the first time. This is when it all appears to go south, and never recovered.

But throughout the book, while Britney eventually stated she is trying to have more empathy and compassion for her sister, she did not ever indicate that they had a very close relationship. So I am wondering if they just never did, and that is why reconciliation is slower than it was for her mother or brother, both of whom wronged her as well. 

Link to comment

She probably had/has great admiration for Jamie Lynn because she was like her little baby and that innocence is precious. So the love Britney would show towards JL in the early days of Britney’s fame is probably more of a maternal love. Then as JL got older Britney seemed to not like the person JL became. Britney thinking that giving JL all she ever wanted kind of backfired because she became entitled, bratty and lazy. You can love someone and still not like their character. I think JL never grew out of that personality. 
 

Bryan being closer to Britney’s age, and growing up with the highs and lows of their childhood before Britney’s fame, could have bonded them. They had the same friends growing up and Britney even said on MTVs Diary, that Bryan had truly became one of her best friends. I also think Bryan’s always known his place in the family and he’s let Britney “shine”, whereas JL always competed for the “shine” that Britney had. Not saying there wasn’t enough room for both girls to succeed, but JL always came off that she was entitled to Britney-like success, if not more, BUT without putting in any work. 
 

Ultimately I think they were close but like I said before in a maternal way. I was recently listening to a Britney podcast and the host knows one of Lynne’s friends. After JL released her book, and after Britney told her to stop talking about her, and JL continued. Allegedly, Britney got on a private jet and kicked JL a.ss! I just think JL continuously fails Britney. And so maybe that’s why she’s not so quick to make amends with her. JL should be back in Los Angeles this upcoming week for the Dancing finale. We’ll see if Britney posts about her.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Yes. Jamie Lynn was always with Britney from 2000-2005. Jamie Lynn toured with Britney on the DWAD American tour. 

JL was in the DWAD tour but they were NOT always together.

I remember around 2007 even Sam Lutfi mentioned they were not as close as public was lead to believe and I think it's 100% true. Britney was busy and Bryan was involved in her busines.. Her father was never there and so I believe post JT breakup neither was JL.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

JL was in the DWAD tour but they were NOT always together.

I remember around 2007 even Sam Lutfi mentioned they were not as close as public was lead to believe and I think it's 100% true. Britney was busy and Bryan was involved in her busines.. Her father was never there and so I believe post JT breakup neither was JL.

Jamie Lynn was with Britney for a vast majority of her tour. Same with the Oops tour. She spent her summers traveling with Britney. I was at a handful of sound checks for the DWAD tour, and Jamie Lynn was always there to the side. Sam Lufti wasn’t around until things in Britney’s life got messy. Jamie Lynn was working and got pregnant. They were living separate lives at that point. When she was younger, she was very much involved in Britney’s life. She spent a lot of time with her during the Justin years. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

She probably had/has great admiration for Jamie Lynn because she was like her little baby and that innocence is precious. So the love Britney would show towards JL in the early days of Britney’s fame is probably more of a maternal love. Then as JL got older Britney seemed to not like the person JL became. Britney thinking that giving JL all she ever wanted kind of backfired because she became entitled, bratty and lazy. You can love someone and still not like their character. I think JL never grew out of that personality. 
 

Bryan being closer to Britney’s age, and growing up with the highs and lows of their childhood before Britney’s fame, could have bonded them. They had the same friends growing up and Britney even said on MTVs Diary, that Bryan had truly became one of her best friends. I also think Bryan’s always known his place in the family and he’s let Britney “shine”, whereas JL always competed for the “shine” that Britney had. Not saying there wasn’t enough room for both girls to succeed, but JL always came off that she was entitled to Britney-like success, if not more, BUT without putting in any work. 
 

Ultimately I think they were close but like I said before in a maternal way. I was recently listening to a Britney podcast and the host knows one of Lynne’s friends. After JL released her book, and after Britney told her to stop talking about her, and JL continued. Allegedly, Britney got on a private jet and kicked JL a.ss! I just think JL continuously fails Britney. And so maybe that’s why she’s not so quick to make amends with her. JL should be back in Los Angeles this upcoming week for the Dancing finale. We’ll see if Britney posts about her.

Britney got on a private jet and kicked Judas Leech as.s? That is hilarious if true. :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Jamie Lynn was with Britney for a vast majority of her tour. Same with the Oops tour. She spent her summers traveling with Britney. I was at a handful of sound checks for the DWAD tour, and Jamie Lynn was always there to the side. Sam Lufti wasn’t around until things in Britney’s life got messy. Jamie Lynn was working and got pregnant. They were living separate lives at that point. When she was younger, she was very much involved in Britney’s life. She spent a lot of time with her during the Justin years. 

this is what I am saying. Post JT breakup they weren't as close anymore

when Juno got pregnant she did not even tell her sister

also she could not care less about her. B was going through a VERY PUBLIC breakdown but Juno said she cared only about her own struggles

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Daredevil said:

this is what I am saying. Post JT breakup they weren't as close anymore

when Juno got pregnant she did not even tell her sister

also she could not care less about her. B was going through a VERY PUBLIC breakdown but Juno said she cared only about her own struggles

 

yeah…I forgot where but it was said that jl didn’t even want to see Brit during 2007 bc she was “embarassed” with her behavior. britney gave her everything…and at her lowest her little sister who she basically raised didn’t even tell her abt the pregnancy and refused to see her or talk to her…

  • Love 1
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Guest
Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block