Jump to content

Ally Brooke & Dinah Jane of Fifth Harmony reunite for a cover of ‘Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas’


Cqleb

Recommended Posts

Dinah and Lauren were always my favorite vocalists of the group. Dinah had so much swag and confidence in the group but as a solo artist she lost all that. Her vocals were not great or nonexistent (started lipsynching her sets). Horrible song selections. I know she wanted to bring back 90s/00s R&B but it’s not gonna happen. The R&B girls of that time are still doing that genre of music (which is great) but old school R&B just isn’t gonna come back anytime soon. She should’ve stuck with pop that had R&B/ Hip Hop influences. 
 

Ally could always belt and has a nice voice but she’s the worst performer out of the girls. I liked some of her singles. She had decent momentum but then Covid happened and she had to stop touring. 
 

At this point, too much flopping for this amount of time makes me think they’ll never make it as solo artists. They need the group. I could see Lauren coming back in maybe 2-3 years. Normani is a different story because she’s not a flop but she’s not running shht either. It’ll be harder to lock her down but maybe if her debut album (if it ever comes out) flops, she’ll come back to the girls. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I could see Lauren coming back in maybe 2-3 years. Normani is a different story because she’s not a flop but she’s not running shht either. It’ll be harder to lock her down but maybe if her debut album (if it ever comes out) flops, she’ll come back to the girls. 

To be fair Camila hasn’t been doing well for a good 2/3 years now and I could also see her getting the group together in a few years for a cash-grab album and tour. They’ll also become a nostalgia act towards the end of the decade which will call for it…

I know she’s “protected” within the industry and somehow continues to do ****, but it’s a red flag when an emerging pop star gets to do the judge in a talent show and dub animated films. Like it’s way too early on to get those life lines imo

  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

To be fair Camila hasn’t been doing well for a good 2/3 years now and I could also see her getting the group together in a few years for a cash-grab album and tour. They’ll also become a nostalgia act towards the end of the decade which will call for it…

I know she’s “protected” within the industry and somehow continues to do ****, but it’s a red flag when an emerging pop star gets to do the judge in a talent show and dub animated films. Like it’s way too early on to get those life lines imo

Yeah I was thinking of mentioning Camila. Like you said she hasn’t really had the success that everyone thought she’d have after Havana. I think she had semi success with her song with Ed Sheeran but aside from that the last two albums under performed and the GP doesn’t fuq with her like they did before. So you’re right, I can see Camila wanting to do a quick cash grab by reuniting with the girls.

 I think Normani thinks she’s that main pop girl and may be too stubborn to go back, especially since Camila will go back to being the standout of the group. idk if she’ll play along for the sake of the fans and the money. But again she’s not really doing anything so she may need that bag! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Yeah I was thinking of mentioning Camila. Like you said she hasn’t really had the success that everyone thought she’d have after Havana. I think she had semi success with her song with Ed Sheeran but aside from that the last two albums under performed and the GP doesn’t fuq with her like they did before. So you’re right, I can see Camila wanting to do a quick cash grab by reuniting with the girls.

 I think Normani thinks she’s that main pop girl and may be too stubborn to go back, especially since Camila will go back to being the standout of the group. idk if she’ll play along for the sake of the fans and the money. But again she’s not really doing anything so she may need that bag! 

Not you forgetting Senorita which was literally the biggest hit of its year? It came out way after Havana.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Not you forgetting Senorita which was literally the biggest hit of its year? It came out way after Havana.

Yes it was a big moment, and I’m not forgetting it. And it didn’t come out WAY after Havana- just two years later, when Shawn was at his height of fame. I’m saying when she released Havana, it elevated her star power. She had everyone talking and was on every award show. Then she got with Shawn and did Señorita, and it solidified her star power. But I didn’t speak of that because her star power was high until Romance came out. And later she had one more surge of some global success with the Ed Sheeran duet. 

Link to comment

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Guest
Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block