Which Britney songs can you relate to?

• Super Mods

Hey you guys,

I got inspired by a thread that I saw today on favorite Britney lyrics,

so I decided to make a thread what songs can you relate to from her catalog.

For me personally, I'd say:

• Sometimes 
  • (You Drive Me) Crazy 
  • I Will Be There
  • I Will Never Stop Loving You
  • Stronger
  • WUSIWUG 
  • Where Are You Now 
  • INAGNYAW
  • Shadow 
  • Toxic 
  • Unusual You 
  • Til Its Gone
  • Mood Ring 

Sorry for the long list but yeah but out of all her songs in her catalog,

these ones speak to me on a personal level.

Now tell which songs of hers can you relate to and if so, 

are they like mine?

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods

For some odd reason I relate to her s3xual/bad bi*ch energy songs the most:

IUSA

HIAM

Drop Dead

Mannequin

Toxic

Womanizer

Work B

Slumber Party

Phonography

Gimme More

Break the Ice

Breathe on Me

I think I relate to these so much because while growing up I was a fat kid, even through my teen years to early 20s I was fat and undesirable. I always wished to be some male version of Britney, incredibly s3xy and fit and very much desired. Often when I workout I play these songs so I can feel **** and appreciate the body I worked so hard for :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I immediately related to the story of Criminal because Britney puts the woman in her place who flirts with her abusive boyfriend. Then she walks off with the criminal and sings to her mother about it. They manage to escape.

What a beautiful illusion of her life! Especially since the helpful criminal is her co-conservator in real life.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

IUSA

HIAM

Drop Dead

Mannequin

Toxic

Womanizer

Work B

Slumber Party

Phonography

Gimme More

Break the Ice

Breathe on Me

I think I relate to these so much because while growing up I was a fat kid, even through my teen years to early 20s I was fat and undesirable. I always wished to be some male version of Britney, incredibly s3xy and fit and very much desired. Often when I workout I play these songs so I can feel **** and appreciate the body I worked so hard for :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I’m ***ual as well and idk whyyyyyyy :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:sometimes it’s a burden 

• Haha 2

First one that comes to my mind: 

Music Video Hair Flip GIF

God I need some answers

What am I to do with my life? (You'll just find it out, don't worry)

How am I supposed to know what's right? (You just gotta do it your way)

Being a teenage and having so many questions on my mind, having insecurities around my parents and the education I've got from them vs who I wanna be, expressing myself...

And...... also:

britney spears GIF

Funny how the lyrics of Not a Girl (isn't it way easier to write like this than put NAGNYAW? lol) is like a continuation of overprotected? 

Well this one has got me because of the verses about not feeling like girl or a woman or not a kid but not an adult yet. 

What I need is time 

I need time to grow! It's so hard, man. I'm just trying to find the woman in me.

Spoiler

PS: Overprotected, Not a Girl, Lucky (and maybe some other?) are some of the trinity songs of omg they predicted Britney's life and conflicts. 

Edited by Fita
  • Love 4

PULL OUT!!!!

45, locked and loaded
That's how you give it to me (uh huh)
This right here's supposed to be in my funk
Keeps what you doin (uh huh)
You got my legs and my head in the same direction (uh huh)
This party gon' get shut down real quick
If you don't stop and listen

humping GIF

• Love 1

I have always said i can relate to Dont Cry but for a different reason to whats its actually about. i know its about a breakup but the way ive interpreted  it is ive had a lot of hard things to deal with in my life having cerebral palsy and losing loved ones in my life including someone who was like my mum and she became an alcoholic and my mum stopped me from seeing her because she became a nasty person when drunk. so i had to leave her and havent seen her in 14 yeara and probably never will now. so Dont Cry to me is about having to leave someone you   still really love and it hurts

Edited by jonloch1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

I have always said i can relate to Dont Cry but for a different reason to whats its actually about. i know its about a breakup but the way ive interpreted  it is ive had a lot of hard things to deal with in my life having cerebral palsy and losing loved ones in my life including someone who was like my mum and she became an alcoholic and my mum stopped me from seeing her because she became a nasty person when drunk. so i had to leave her and havent seen her in 14 yeara and probably never will now. so Dont Cry to me is about having to leave someone you   still really love and it hurts

I'm sorry about it. I hope you find other people who bring you joy 😊

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Fita said:

I'm sorry about it. I hope you find other people who bring you joy 😊

Aw thanks mate. i am lucky that i have other family and friends who love me. it just hurts because i was so close to her growing up but unfortunately she had lots of issues and unfortunately turned to drink

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
46 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

Aw I'm sorry that happened.

Here's a virtual hug from me: :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

IUSA

HIAM

Drop Dead

Mannequin

Toxic

Womanizer

Work B

Slumber Party

Phonography

Gimme More

Break the Ice

Breathe on Me

That makes sense.

I also struggled with my weight growing up however I was never extremely big though.

I did not feel attractive at all growing up but it wasn't until my early 20s,

that men started to show interest in me.

Idk why cause I didn't changed that much.

Maybe beauty standards have changed then when I was a kid.

I actually lost over 30 lbs since April this year.

I worked really hard to lose it and I'm still working on it.

I feel a lot more comfortable dressing up now and it feels nice :) 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block