Has Taylor Swift surpassed Britney?

22 minutes ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Millions upon millions of people. Of all demographics.  Her success doesn’t diminish Britney’s but some people on here are too insecure to acknowledge reality. 

we live in an ignorant world ofcouse Taylor is part of that.

i don't care about Taylor for me is a basic musician, so what?

• Love 1

They came out in two very different eras, so it's difficult to compare.

Britney peaked when we still had a monoculture, when everyone watched more or less the same things and got our news from the same few sources.

Taylor has thrived in the streaming/internet era, where people are in their own individual and unique silos of information/ entertainment.

So even though she has all of these super successful albums & tours, her career highs pale in impact when compared to someone like Britney's, because back in Britney's heyday, mainstream truly meant mainstream.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Ooohhh.  Someone’s mad. 

Exactly! This thread wouldn’t have so many replies if it weren’t true. Taylor is the moment of number #1 it girl. And she’s bigger than Mt. Everest. I am a fan now (not a Stan like Brit) and I wasn’t for the longest time but her music has grown on me and I appreciate the lyrics a lot. I also have massive respect. She taught the world it’s not what happens to you, it’s how you handle it and she went above and beyond that. I mean the eras tour parking lots are becoming sold out from all the people watching sold out stadium shows! Since when? She’s doing some stadiums three nights in a row sold out. I’ve never seen anything like that. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I do enjoy her music, her music will always give you chills. That reverb, echo, and whispery voice in her songs are everyone cup of tea. The girl knows how to promote. 

In terms of streaming and sales she most likely would surpass everyone on the scene, however, in terms of status, popularity & impact no Britney will always remain legendary. 

• Like 1

What's up with the so many Taylor topics on Britney forum? (especially the ones that disrespect Britney and praise Taylor) :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Look Tay stans Britney fans have nothing against Taylor but please don't come to other celebrities forum, disrespecting them and bring up your fave every chance you got... If you're this kind of people I'm sure there's so many Taylor forums out there please stay there instead :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Also Britney and Taylor is not compareable they both have completely different carrer path... While Britney already claimed her legend title and have alot of impact on pop culture Taylor is still going. Taylor might be at her peak rn but that does not mean you should go to other celebrities forum and disrespecting them and praise your fave. There's different and more kind ways to do that but you chose to make people hate Taylor and her fanbase even more bcs of this. What if I go to Taylor forum and created a Topic like "does Taylor stans has suppressed kpop stans about being the most Toxic fanbase ever?" even though this is kind of true, I'll get an instant ban. At least Britney fans is kind enough to let you stay here :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

@princessmimi please keep an eye of these kind of people they're might be a secret Britney hater (btw you're the most kindest mod ever keep on going, love u :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:)

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, UnderHisSpell said:

What's up with the so many Taylor topics on Britney forum? (especially the ones that disrespect Britney and praise Taylor) :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Look Tay stans Britney fans have nothing against Taylor but please don't come to other celebrities forum, disrespecting them and bring up your fave every chance you got... If you're this kind of people I'm sure there's so many Taylor forums out there please stay there instead :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Also Britney and Taylor is not compareable they both have completely different carrer path... While Britney already claimed her legend title and have alot of impact on pop culture Taylor is still going. Taylor might be at her peak rn but that does not mean you should go to other celebrities forum and disrespecting them and praise your fave. There's different and more kind ways to do that but you chose to make people hate Taylor and her fanbase even more bcs of this. What if I go to Taylor forum and created a Topic like "does Taylor stans has suppressed kpop stans about being the most Toxic fanbase ever?" even though this is kind of true, I'll get an instant ban. At least Britney fans is kind enough to let you stay here :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

@princessmimi please keep an eye of these kind of people they're might be a secret Britney hater (btw you're the most kindest mod ever keep on going, love u :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:)

Aw thanks and yeah im not sure why some users are posting these threads.

Its just ridiculous imo.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.