Has Taylor Swift surpassed Britney?

2 minutes ago, oliveranto said:

"britney when she was at her peak" 

Taylor already has a longer successful career than britney. Britney's prime lasted 4/5 years... 

You're right about sales and streamings, but Taylor has a sold out stadium tour, outselling all britney tours combined. 

I love britney, she'll always be a pop icon, but I'm not blind. 

The primary distinction between Britney and Taylor lies in their approach to their careers. Taylor prioritizes her numbers, which in turn enables her to develop more effective strategies and tactics. On the other hand, Britney has never shown significant concern for these metrics :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Also, Britney has consistently been known for her controversial and ***ual image - it is more challenging for the general public to lend their support to her, while Taylor, on the other hand, has maintained a safe and approachable persona, which contributes to her wider appeal across different demographics. Taylor's allure lies in her ability to be a 'safe' choice for fans to support, as she avoids taking extreme risks in her music and public image. This quality attracts a broader range of people, including those who might be more conservative in their tastes or preferences. She basically makes music for losers who love victimizing themselves, and there are tons of them in the world. That's why so many people stan her :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Love 1

No,

Because the music from the past ages better than the current one, and for Britney to become an icon in the 2000s, it took more effort than any actual singer nowadays. When Britney released her first albums, one had to go to the store to buy the CD to get her music, and to buy tickets for her tours, you had to go to the stadium or a nearby store. To watch one of her performances, you had to wait for a television network to show it since there were no streaming platforms like now. Making a singer go global was much more difficult because there wasn't all this social media machinery. So achieving what Britney accomplished have required much more effort than any singer post-2005.

Not sure if Taylor´s music will became timeless,  time will tell.

On 7/30/2023 at 5:46 PM, davidspears said:

remotely

:gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink: .... Gaga has long surpassed Britney, she is more iconic and famous now.  Literally everyone of all ages knows Lady Gaga,

and artistically come on!!! Gaga also surpassed Britney by far, she is is a singer and actress respected by the industry.

Taylor has also surpassed her by far... :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

Why does everyone act like the GP thinks like the majority of Britney Fans.

unfortunately Britney is only remembered, admired and respected by the "pop fans".
for the GP she is a joke, regardless of her legacy.

Edited by Alex Murr
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

:gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink: .... Gaga has long surpassed Britney, she is more iconic and famous now.  Literally everyone of all ages knows Lady Gaga,

and artistically come on!!! Gaga also surpassed Britney by far, she is is a singer and actress respected by the industry.

unfortunately Britney is only remembered, admired and respected by the "pop fans".

I wish you had quoted everything I said and not just one word, I had to go back and see what I wrote.

I respect your opinion. 

53 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

Agreed. Sadly I think Britney is more known for the 2007 meltdown than anything. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Alex Murr said:

Lady Gaga? HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

On 8/1/2023 at 12:14 PM, Henry. said:

I'm screaming at some individuals believing that an artist can surpass Britney Spears through desperate tactics of incessantly releasing and selling albums, remixes, vinyls, and re-releases solely to manipulate streaming numbers and sales. Although Taylor has achieved considerable streaming success, she only has three songs with 1 billion streams :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

While Taylor does employ various marketing tactics and demonstrates excellent business acumen, her impact on the industry is limited. Her music and image lack uniqueness and is basic, she will be eventually forgotten

Election 2020 Lol GIF by Joe Biden

I see people saying that Taylor is basic and will soon be forgotten since 2008.
She already has more than 15 years of career and is currently at the height of her career and her global success... So...

• Love 3
  • Like 1

In terms of media appeal, influence and global commercial success, there is no artist in the world that ranks above Taylor nowadays. You'd have to be really blind not to notice that. She still sells physicals like no one else, she's wildly successful on streams and this tour of hers is frighteningly big.. 1 billion in profit? WTH

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

I wouldn't say that Gaga has surpassed Britney, but that she is more famous and respected in the industry these days is an indisputable fact. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, willys said:

In terms of media appeal, influence and global commercial success, there is no artist in the world that ranks above Taylor nowadays. You'd have to be really blind not to notice that. She still sells physicals like no one else, she's wildly successful on streams and this tour of hers is frighteningly big.. 1 billion in profit? WTH

The fact that you have a picture of that snakey sociopath in your avatar is creepy and inappropriate. this is a Britny Spears forum -- please remove that nasy image immediately.

Yes, she's more successful. She's also a degraded soulless husky. worship your satanic mistress on her own forum!

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Cancer said:

The fact that you have a picture of that snakey sociopath in your avatar is creepy and inappropriate. this is a Britny Spears forum -- please remove that nasy image immediately.

Yes, she's more successful. She's also a degraded soulless husky. worship your satanic mistress on her own forum!

Please you might don't like T-Swift but you can have respect for those who does. Damn I love Britney to death but come on Taylor is the biggest act of 2023. 

• Love 1

TS is mainstream but Britney is global.  You cannot deny B's impact.  I have said it before on this site and will say it again.  Baby One More Time posters were plastered on random record store windows in the middle of the desert in Afghanistan (right before the USA bombed them).  B's impact is phenomenal.

I'm tired of TS and her crappy music and cheesy antics.  Yes, she's generous (cough *tax write-offs*) but I feel that she's disingenuous.  She's very manufactured.  For example: she claims to be from Tennessee.  Wrong!  She's from PA and her family literally moved her down to Tennessee so she could get a record deal.  She's not a Southern sweetheart who was hustling to put food on her family's table.  She was hustling to be famous for herself yet claims otherwise

2 hours ago, Cancer said:

go to hell *****

• Haha 2
21 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

:shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Gaga is a 2010s fad that had a successful career only for 3 years and then after 6 years she came back with a successful 2018 movie only to flop again with Chromatica :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Gaga is a mid actress, all the ''respect'' comes from PR tactics to make us believe she's good what isn't the case :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Edited by Henry.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.