Question for fans in their late 20s and early 30s..

Were girls in High School or Junior High jealous of Britney? In my high school, the hate for her amongst other females was rampant. I genuinely think it all stemmed from jealously. Britney had it all, a beautiful face and smile, a killer body, and immense talent.

Of course I was still an in the closet gay at the time, so I couldn’t really put them in their proper place, but I still tried defending her. What about you guys? 

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

There was a definite group of "anti-pop" kids in my junior high... so they would bash on Britney, Christina and anyone else who sang pop and danced. I wouldn't say it was specific to Britney.

If you weren't anti-pop, then most kids typically liked her or just didn't care either way

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Kids in my school either loved her or didn't care. I never got bullied for being a fan and never heard people shiit on her. 

You’re one of the lucky ones haha. The amount of times I heard girls call her a w.h.o.r.e was mind boggling. I wanted to spit in their faces tbh, but I had to control myself. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

36 here...

The cool kids liked Britney and all things pop.  The goth and emo kids liked sum 41, blink 182 and avril.  There was no in-between. 

I don't remember anyone calling anyone a wh.ore, except in the way Regina George did.  

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, nux1989 said:

I don't think people in general care about her at all at that time.
Maybe some gays or pop music goer share her music here and there, and that's it.

She was the biggest pop star on the planet, most people had opinions on her, good or bad.

Also, im extremely jealous of where all of you grew up.:meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

ITZ came out when I was in 9th grade and a fellow gay played it in theater class and the girls all hated it and this one fat chick yelled at me when I started bopping to "Boom Boom". She said something like, "uh-uh, you ain't feelin that". Then one girl said Britney looked "old" on the album cover. Most of the girls were still wearing their thong strap above their low rise jeans like Britney but were hating on her at the same time lol

• Haha 6
54 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Were girls in High School or Junior High jealous of Britney? In my high school, the hate for her amongst other females was rampant. I genuinely think it all stemmed from jealously. Britney had it all, a beautiful face and smile, a killer body, and immense talent.

Of course I was still an in the closet gay at the time, so I couldn’t really put them in their proper place, but I still tried defending her. What about you guys? 

everyone loved her up until late 2002/2003

Then from 2003 some people stopped caring, some remained fans. Not so much of a hate anywhere really

• Love 1

I'm in my late 20s so I was in elementary school during Britney's peak, but still everyone else in my class hated her, both as a person and her music. I would always talk about her and argue how great she was and get made fun of a lot for it but it never really stopped me lol. Blackout came out when I was in middle school and most people still disliked her or thought she was crazy by then but it wasn't as bad. Then by the time Circus came out I was in high school and it seemed like most people were more neutral about her. There weren't really any other fans, and most people just didn't really get why I liked her, but they had stopped hating her so strongly.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block