Britney gets mentioned in the first episode of The Idol

It's been dubbed the modern Showgirls. 

Showgirls is a 1995 film, that was the first big project starring Saved by the Bell actress Elizabeth Berkeley,  ended up being rated hard-core NC-17, and it notoriously flopped, that's why people were against this rating,  a cinematic kiss of death..

Killed her career,  but it's being compared to that, the next big gay trashy sleazy cult classic guilty pleasure. 

^ Show Girls is iconic though. It’s also no longer the 90s where people will destroy a young girls career because she dared to be in a raunchy movie/series. If critics hate it, so what? If Milla Jovovich can have a career after the Resident Evil sequels, everyone involved in this project should be fine lol. I think people are being far too dramatic. It’s just another polarizing HBO show that some will watch and enjoy, and others will hate. 

I liked it. As a Britney stan it was pretty neat seeing the connections. The Weeknd’s character gives me Sam Lutfi vibes.

Edited by MikeSim
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block