Bbc RADIO ONE got called out for not playing Padam Padam.

Every Sunday. BBc Radio 1 usually plays the upcoming top ten to be announced on Friday, well they played only 9 songs in the UK midweek top ten.

They skipped the mid-week number 6, and it just proved their age discrimination showed as well as their smexism. 

Number 6 is Padam Padam by Kylie Minogue,  she's 55 years old. Top ten and it's not a collaboration which is how anybody over 30 and older for females get played on the radio. 

Calvin Harris and Ellie Goulding,  radio one However a Listed Popular, with The Weeknd with 64 year old Madonna,  who's expected her first top 20 Uk hit since Celebration peaked at #3 in 2009..

They'll play Madonna cos she's with The Weeknd,  but not Kylie cos she's solo and that's not allowed on radio 1. 

But Kylie has been number one, two weeks in a row on the global Captiol top 40 chart. 

So yeah, it's not looking good on radio one when Captiol most requested song is padam padam, two weeks in a row.

@Slayer

@MikeHunt

@Jordan Miller

@Isla

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

Called out by… twitter user Doug? :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

It's technically in the top ten they have to play what the charts are previewing ..

It's more than him, lots of gays are calling it out saying if capital is playing it, then so should radio 1 but she's radio 2 act it's doing better there. 

Radio 1 was always teen oriented but teens said no to padam padam that's why it wasn't played. 

I understand the frustration but it’s well known that BBC Radio 1 is all about the youngest and latest acts, targeting a young audience. As much as you love Kylie Minogue, you can’t deny she’s a Radio 2 artist…

Just to put things into perspective, at Radio 1 they have completely snubbed Jonas Brothers’ new songs, however, they played them all the time at Radio 2. We’re no longer young and so are our favourite artists we grew up with, and that’s okay.

3 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

We’re no longer young and so are our favourite artists we grew up with, and that’s okay.

I mean, that's ok, and if those radio stations have their rules of not playing X artists, that's fine

But my question is, why even having the two separate radios in the first place? If they have a Radio 2, that's because there's people who consume that, otherwise they would just not play them at all. Does Radio 2 play young artists?  

I may sound ancient, but back in the day, at least where I live, I would always listen to artists from all ages on every radio station, as long as they were popular. Heck, it was always the youngest acts who would be given the second thought because often they wouldn't be considered serious enough to be played with the adults. 

Most importantly, are teenagers currently listening to radio these days? Who is requesting these songs then? 

I don't know, the idea in general of applying ageism to something like music, is very strange to me. Wasn't Cher over 50 when she released Believe? It makes more sense to me if they don't play a particular genre, or remixes, or idk, songs that are too short, too long, but wtf does the age of the artist have to do with the quality of the music? 

What's the limit? They'll play a song by an artist that is 39 years old, but not 40? Or 49 but not 50? 29 but not 30? It's just very silly regardless of how long they've been doing this. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, that's ok, and if those radio stations have their rules of not playing X artists, that's fine

But my question is, why even having the two separate radios in the first place? If they have a Radio 2, that's because there's people who consume that, otherwise they would just not play them at all. Does Radio 2 play young artists?  

I may sound ancient, but back in the day, at least where I live, I would always listen to artists from all ages on every radio station, as long as they were popular. Heck, it was always the youngest acts who would be given the second thought because often they wouldn't be considered serious enough to be played with the adults. 

Most importantly, are teenagers currently listening to radio these days? Who is requesting these songs then? 

I don't know, the idea in general of applying ageism to something like music, is very strange to me. Wasn't Cher over 50 when she released Believe? It makes more sense to me if they don't play a particular genre, or remixes, or idk, songs that are too short, too long, but wtf does the age of the artist have to do with the quality of the music? 

What's the limit? They'll play a song by an artist that is 39 years old, but not 40? Or 49 but not 50? 29 but not 30? It's just very silly regardless of how long they've been doing this. 

I get your point and yes, any average commercial radio station would play artists from every age range as long as the songs are catchy and popular. BUT when it comes to BBC radio stations, they all have their own solidified identities. If I tune in on BBC Radio 1 I know I'll be listening to the latest music trends and artists, and if you're over 25 you might not know most of them. NB they'll still overplay Beyoncé and Taylor Swift though, as they are some of the very few "old" artists that still connect with younger generations. Tuning in on BBC Radio 2, you'll be listening to Michael Bublé, Kelly Clarkson, Justin Timberlake, and all the new "mum's music". If Britney released new music I wouldn't expect Radio 1 to play it that much since she doesn't appeal to kids these days, but I know they would on Radio 2. 

Young people still listen to the radio, or at least they do in the UK where 'radio culture' is still strong, particularly with BBC stations. People listen to it on the go, at the office and even at home, contrary to other countries where people only turn it on in the car if they don't have carplay lol

46 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Bbc radio has lots of stations. 

Only 2 are music focused. 

I remember in 2008, they Said Rsdio 1 went to over 30 year Olds as well, but it changed by 2015, their targeted demographic 

9 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It's technically in the top ten they have to play what the charts are previewing ..

It's more than him, lots of gays are calling it out saying if capital is playing it, then so should radio 1 but she's radio 2 act it's doing better there. 

Radio 1 was always teen oriented but teens said no to padam padam that's why it wasn't played. 

I agree that it should have been played, and it’s ridiculous that it wasn’t.

However, the song is utter garbage. I’m so fed up of every gay I follow on socials shoving this crap down my throat. :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: 

20 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Teens in the uk listen to the radio? Lol 

14 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

I get your point and yes, any average commercial radio station would play artists from every age range as long as the songs are catchy and popular. BUT when it comes to BBC radio stations, they all have their own solidified identities. If I tune in on BBC Radio 1 I know I'll be listening to the latest music trends and artists, and if you're over 25 you might not know most of them. NB they'll still overplay Beyoncé and Taylor Swift though, as they are some of the very few "old" artists that still connect with younger generations. Tuning in on BBC Radio 2, you'll be listening to Michael Bublé, Kelly Clarkson, Justin Timberlake, and all the new "mum's music". If Britney released new music I wouldn't expect Radio 1 to play it that much since she doesn't appeal to kids these days, but I know they would on Radio 2. 

Young people still listen to the radio, or at least they do in the UK where 'radio culture' is still strong, particularly with BBC stations. People listen to it on the go, at the office and even at home, contrary to other countries where people only turn it on in the car if they don't have carplay lol

You guys still have your music chain stores like HMV, their all gone here in the states. 

Mad respect to the rest of the world that understands you can have both mediums,not just digital like the US did since the late 00s 

8 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

You guys still have your music chain stores like HMV, their all gone here in the states. 

Mad respect to the rest of the world that understands you can have both mediums,not just digital like the US did since the late 00s 

I mean, those few remaining HMV stores mainly sell merch and gadgets for nerds like those weird *** big headed dolls that people keep in their boxes lol. But also vinyl sales are booming (like anywhere else) and cassettes are catching up!

If you’re into getting the best sound/picture quality ever and have a great home theatre system, you still prefer cds/4k blurays over streaming, so i guess that’s why those places are still in business

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block