The Weeknd says he wants to co-create an album with Madonna

Cqleb

• Content Curators

“I’ve always wanted to work with her,” the Weeknd continued. “I’ve always wanted to write and produce a Madonna album… well, co-produce with her, of course. She’s a visionary and she has such a singular vision, and I just want to come into her world and create a classic Madonna album. That was always my dream. Hopefully this is the appetizer for that.”  - The Weeknd with Pitchfork 

The-Weeknd.jpg?mbid=social_retweet
T.CO

The latest from the controversial HBO show follows “Double Fantasy”

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Kiss my said:

But why? Madge has lost the plot - she needs therapy not another album

:huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Has she done anything crazy since announcing her tour, hell no. 

She's busy working,,when she's busy she's not having fun, the crazy antics,  she was having fun, now she's ready to conquer the world again as usual. 

I'm there on July 22, cos as a stan that is typically her, when she's not working at all. 

She balances it out healthy. 

• Love 4

No thank you.

He needs to shed his character from The Idol and leave Madonna alone. She’s the most famous and successful female pop star, she’s not Jocelyn. It’s cool to feature on a track together, it’s another thing for him to want to create an entire album for her. And to be honest I think it’s rude to give her only a 20 second solo on their new song. Not to mention how he drowned out her vocals in the chorus so she sounds like a background singer to him. 
spacer.png

1 hour ago, Loveprofusion said:

Sounds inspiring. I’m not really looking for hard candy pt 2 but

Unfortunately urban music is everywhere in the states. 

It's a catch 22, win her native country back, lose Europe (noticed older gays especially from the UK,,hate this track as it's not their style and neither is Vulgar. The split your banana part has several gays grabbing their areas in pain )

They want to dance, but obviously she only cares for her way. I know one gay in his 50s sold the tickets anyway due to vulgar. 

But her career was always like this s** or politics and said he should have known,  that's all she offered the world and that's all she knows is how to puss people off to the point a heart attack is coming..on our end not hers. 

He blames management for saying yes to everything and he blames that nobody is afraid to stand up to her cos it's never good. You're fired and no longer working in the industry at all for saying no to her in terms of ideas like this. 

Never was a team player, everybody was Never equal to her as her team management.  

Singular vision. Her way, nobody else can have input. She pretty much manages herself guy is only to  make  sure contracts go her way and the other team gets not much money or investment.  93% to her, lucky if they get 3%, or anything after Guy's cut in her business deals 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, doomphantom1 said:

Question: is this part of the Britney forum?  I am asking because I've been seeing a lot of non-Britney posts pop up on my feed lately and I don't think I signed up for those.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

It's very tricky to navigate this forum, plus it's clicking Britney spears it gets better views. Etc. 

Their's a music discussion but it's no longer popular these days. Unlike the Britney forum...

Most of the others forums of Breathe heavy is dead now. 

2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It's very tricky to navigate this forum, plus it's clicking Britney spears it gets better views. Etc. 

Their's a music discussion but it's no longer popular these days. Unlike the Britney forum...

Most of the others forums of Breathe heavy is dead now. 

I understand.  Thank you for responding.

5 hours ago, Cqleb said:

“I’ve always wanted to work with her,” the Weeknd continued. “I’ve always wanted to write and produce a Madonna album… well, co-produce with her, of course. She’s a visionary and she has such a singular vision, and I just want to come into her world and create a classic Madonna album. That was always my dream. Hopefully this is the appetizer for that.”  - The Weeknd with Pitchfork 

The-Weeknd.jpg?mbid=social_retweet
T.CO

The latest from the controversial HBO show follows “Double Fantasy”

The album would be flat and boring from him. Madonna has long since lost the vocal range of her Evita/Ray Of Light (1995-1998) days and is too lazy to rework herself.

• Like 1

From a production standpoint this hypothetical album would be better than all her albums after COADF. But from a commercial standpoint, it wouldn't make a difference imo; she had Avicii, Kanye and Diplo produce RH at a time when they were basically the most popular music producers on the charts, yet that album still flopped. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

The main problem is Madonna herself since she's way past her prime, but more specifically, her terrible songwriting and lyrics in recent years. So unless The Weeknd co-writes every song too and tells Madonna exactly what to do (and lets face it, Madonna would never let him take the lead or control her musical output), the album would just be another mediocre vanity project like Madame X. :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block