Do you think Britney was crazy overworked during In the zone album

Do you think Britney was crazy overworked during In The Zone  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Britney was crazy overworked

• Yes, sure she was doing too many promo performances
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2023 at 12:26 AM

So lately i was rewatching  MATM and Toxic performances and realised Britney did a number of performances in the club. And also she did like dozen Toxic performances. Her promo tour lasted from september 2003 to february 2004 with a tour kicking off  in march. Onyx hotel tour lasted till june. So basically she was working non stop from september 2003 to june 2004. Do you think that scheldule took a toll on her and she wanted to escape with anybody like Kevin? Or do you think she was doing the same amount promo with her other albums so it wasn't like too much for her? Let me know in the poll and in the comments

Sldz.gif

Edited by icybaby
  • Love 4

Yes. During Baby, Oops, and Britney she was worked to death. She started to push back with ITZ as she got burned out for sure. It’s like one of those IB jobs where you got paid a lot, but you realize you’re still working on spreadsheets at 2AM in the morning. It was fun the first two years, but the novelty runs out after a while. 

This was also the time where artist do promo to sell albums. They don’t do that anymore thanks to YouTube/ streaming with their world wide reach. Taylor Swift didn’t even do any performance promo for her album and went straight to touring and ask ~50% cut of tour’s gross. She only did the gruesome work for things that really matters and make her money. 

If Britney decided to go back doing music, she definitely will do this business model and so she won’t  need to hop in a plane everyday just for skits and shows. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

But wasn't she much busier during the "Britney" era?

That was when she was at her peak.

I feel like she was slowing down more in the ITZ era.

Probably. I also thought about a lot of promo during earlier eras but i think that in general it was times singers did a lit more promo than today. And if it goes like for years with less rest it really can be stressfull

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, icybaby said:

Probably. I also thought about a lot of promo during earlier eras but i think that in general it was times singers did a lit more promo than today. And if it goes like for years with less rest it really can be stressfull

Totally true but then again Social Media didn't exist back when Britney was in her prime, so of course she did a lot more promo than today's artists.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, icybaby said:

So lately i was rewatching  MATM and Toxic performances and realised Britney did a number of performances in the club. And also she did like dozen Toxic performances. Her promo tour lasted from september 2003 to february 2004 with a tour kicking off  in march. Onyx hotel tour lasted till june. So basically she was working non stop from september 2003 to june 2004. Do you think that scheldule took a toll on her and she wanted to escape with anybody like Kevin? Or do you think she was doing the same amount promo with her other albums so it wasn't like too much for her? Let me know in the poll and in the comments

Sldz.gif

was always asking myself that. even back in 2003!!!!

2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

But wasn't she much busier during the "Britney" era?

That was when she was at her peak.

I feel like she was slowing down more in the ITZ era.

i really had the feeling she isnt doing enough. later i realized how many promo performances she did in other countries. back than obvl only some where televised in germany. was really sad and disappointed when her flu vac in november went wrong and she couldnt present matm at wetten dass. really had the feeling the lack of promo in germany affected the position of itz chartwise. she did sooo much more during britney.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
19 minutes ago, breathe_on_me_toxic said:

i really had the feeling she isnt doing enough. later i realized how many promo performances she did in other countries. back than obvl only some where televised in germany. was really sad and disappointed when her flu vac in november went wrong and she couldnt present matm at wetten dass. really had the feeling the lack of promo in germany affected the position of itz chartwise. she did sooo much more during britney.

Yeah I think that she started slowing down in the ITZ era cause she was over it already.

Its obvious based on how quickly she left her career to get with K-Fat

• Like 3

Absolutely! I saw her the first time ever in my life on tour in Germany. 

And the first thing I thought: “Damn she looks tired!” You could clearly see it in her eyes.. of course she delivered but it wasn’t the energy I expected. 

I think touring especially outside of the US is generally very hard and nerve wrecking. Jet lag, tight schedule, interviews, performances, paparazzi.. 

During that time she was the s**it and expections were high she was def overworked. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, pubsluft said:

Absolutely! I saw her the first time ever in my life on tour in Germany. 

And the first thing I thought: “Damn she looks tired!” You could clearly see it in her eyes.. of course she delivered but it wasn’t the energy I expected. 

I think touring especially outside of the US is generally very hard and nerve wrecking. Jet lag, tight schedule, interviews, performances, paparazzi.. 

During that time she was the s**it and expections were high she was def overworked. 

Yeah I remember reading a review of her concert in Vienna that year. The reviewer said she looked tired, low energy, wasn't dancing as good as she used to, etc. Probably also overstated just to throw her under the bus (media treated her really bad during Onyx hotel).

I think she started to be over it when DWAD tour finished. She also said she wanted to take 6 months break but at the end, she took couple of weeks and was back in studio recording to get ITZ ready. Her last concert for DWAD was in July I think and she started working on ITZ in Nov.

By the time Onyx hotel kicked off I think she just wanted it to stop. She even said her knee injury happened bc her body was shutting down.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Without forgetting that at the same time she was recording Original Doll, yes she was totally and the break in her career from 2004/2005 to 2007 was totally normal, moreover she had children at the same time and later paparazzi who followed her every step of the way , her breakdown, then came the whole thing about conservatorship etc... so I think the current break in her career is also normal, she's just resting from 2002/3-2018 working non-stop

Edited by BSfan4Ever

The average person is burnt out just going to the office 5 days a week. Imagine having a grueling physical schedule for over 5 years straight. Even if you were to get a month off as a break, It still wouldn't be enough. There are some things your body just cannot recover from. I don't see her going back to work like she used to. I don't see her doing promo ever unless it's contracted such as the book. But even then I don't see interviews or anything like that happening. It might be a social media post or something. I don't see her touring ever again either. And I think it's getting more accepted these days with people like Ariana and Miley saying that it takes a toll on them. I think she will make music again but it will be very low key and not promoted. 

• Like 3

I think it's a bit of both! She was clearly hungry for it at the beginning. ITZ is pure fire and she was passionate about the project. But they clearly pushed her way too hard and didnt want to give her any sort of break and she was completely burnt out. She only got a break because she broke her knee shooting the outrageous video whilst in a middle of a world tour... :/

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block