I don't understand the hype around Taylor Swift.

6 hours ago, SJK said:

The way she presents herself on stage is nauseating, like girl you are the definition of basic white girl.

It is funny how people call Taylor basic just because she does not dance like prime Britney or prime Beyonce. I mean, she does write and produce all her songs. She wrote entire albums by herself. I think it is okay to be an okay performer. I attended the eras tour and Taylor killed it on stage. Eventually, no one can have it all, and no one ever did actually. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Rihanna is an example of a performer with a legendary discography that was mostly written and produced for her, and her performances are lazy as hell. But no one calls her basic. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

It is funny how people call Taylor basic just because she does not dance like prime Britney or prime Beyonce.

I was more talking about how she struts around on stage like shes this **** pop star and she isn’t. 

• Like 2

Call me when other artists have grown women or men wearing diapers, due to the time length of The eras tour. A little over 2 hours us sometimes expected but to do 3 hours and 15 Minutes,  that's respect and let's face it the dancer are the same energy, cos it's a long show.

New Jersey began with sunlight and ended in the dark.

I also believe that's why it's not international,  she would need to cut maybe an hour due to laws in the UK forbid anything past a certain time at night with their strict curfew laws. 

I think the international version will be different than the version being presented for the US. 

@Isla

3 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

It is funny how people call Taylor basic just because she does not dance like prime Britney or prime Beyonce. I mean, she does write and produce all her songs. She wrote entire albums by herself. I think it is okay to be an okay performer. I attended the eras tour and Taylor killed it on stage. Eventually, no one can have it all, and no one ever did actually. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Rihanna is an example of a performer with a legendary discography that was mostly written and produced for her, and her performances are lazy as hell. But no one calls her basic. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

I honestly agree. I mean, she will never have a glorious performer energy such as Freddie Mercury for instance, but she does not have to. The type of thing she does is different and its ok. This is something annoying about the industry and this is where boredom happens. Peopel do not respect individuality and she actually embraced the fact that she was not a dancer or a **** vamp and she just was herself and I think it is precisely what connected with people. She could have tried, like countless others, to be a replica of the girl to imitate back then, who was Britney, but she did not. If she did, she might have gotten lost between the blondes trying to be Britney

• Love 1
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Bigno said:

This is a great take because it truly has been her strategy. She has fictionalized and reduced her life to chapters and episodes for public consumption. So people are eager roto know more, as if she were a Netflix show.

I think it is a combination of factors, but one of the things I really want to give her props for is the attitude she seems to have towards fans and people in general and that has been a key factor in her success. I have said it before, but it is absolutely stunning how you can't find one single negative experience from fans, co workers, stylists who have worked with her. Literally, everyone says she is kind, accessible, warm and gracious. For someone who has been almost 20 years in the business, it speaks volumes about her. I mean, even if she is a ****** in private, the effort she puts into being kind is more than can be said of many. And as much as you may be in control of your narrative cause money and fame, she doesn't own every person on the internet and yet, all you see are positive comments. That and also her commitment. Seriously, I think her shows on the rain earned her a lot of respect and she deserves it. She could have easily called the show off but she stayed there and played past midnight. Most artists would not have come out in that rain, let alpne wait close to three hpurs. That is why her fans are willing to pay, she is manipulative yes, but she seems to at least try to respect her fans more than many.

And I agree with those saying she managed to not be ***ualized. Not because women should not be seen as ***ual beings or something of that kind, but because in such an exploitative environment, to see someone not follow that trend and still be successful is interesting. In that sense, she is certainly, an oddity

Very well put !! 💯

5 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Call me when other artists have grown women or men wearing diapers, due to the time length of The eras tour. A little over 2 hours us sometimes expected but to do 3 hours and 15 Minutes,  that's respect and let's face it the dancer are the same energy, cos it's a long show.

New Jersey began with sunlight and ended in the dark.

I also believe that's why it's not international,  she would need to cut maybe an hour due to laws in the UK forbid anything past a certain time at night with their strict curfew laws. 

I think the international version will be different than the version being presented for the US. 

@Isla

She would have to start a show at like 7:30pm here cause most stadiums in London have a curfew of 10:30pm. It’s doable. I think Beyonce has started her recent shows at the same time. Only difference is Beyonce has no opening acts on her tour whereas Taylor does.

11 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

Uhm :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: She is when you are the biggest pop star on the planet :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Taylor Swift Senate GIF by GIPHY News

I mean it’s not like there’s any competition out there these days. 

I see we’re just calling anyone a “pop star” these days. 

10 hours ago, Bigno said:

I honestly agree. I mean, she will never have a glorious performer energy such as Freddie Mercury for instance, but she does not have to. The type of thing she does is different and its ok. This is something annoying about the industry and this is where boredom happens. Peopel do not respect individuality and she actually embraced the fact that she was not a dancer or a **** vamp and she just was herself and I think it is precisely what connected with people. She could have tried, like countless others, to be a replica of the girl to imitate back then, who was Britney, but she did not. If she did, she might have gotten lost between the blondes trying to be Britney

A 100%, but exhalers will always be pressed :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block