I don't understand the hype around Taylor Swift.

10 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Where is the lie, though?

ezgif-5-8953483c40.gif

Spoiler

Once Jordan gave me warning points for saying that exhalers can act like the KKK when speaking about Beyoncé and other black women saying it wasn’t “the vibe” but anyway I- 

Edited by Rik vs Exhale
  • Haha 2

Things Taylor did to get to this point. 

1. She never over***ualized. I know the gays love ratchet **** stuff but GP doesn't. Taylor has always stuck to being more modest. 

2. Taylor let the world in on her love life and people feel invested. She chose likeable guys rather than the KFeds of the world. 

3. Taylor has always been pretty open about her feelings.

4. Taylor has good music. She doesn't chase trends as much as her peers. She is mostly adult-contemporary. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

The only thing I like about her is the non ***ualized image and she gives her fans what they want. This era tours is pretty epic with its production and her fans are lucky to be able to experience something that huge. 

With that said I echo others and she is a horrible performer. The way she presents herself on stage is nauseating, like girl you are the definition of basic white girl. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

I know for me when Britney transitioned into her **** image with the Britney era it kinda turned me off since I was so young. Taylor knows her demographic. She's not complicated and doesn't usually cause drama. Some people are into basic pop stars like that. She also makes songs that are relatable and makes you feel like her friend. She's very good at making other people root for her.

The delusion. Taylor is very talented whether you want to admit it or not. She’s written every single one of her songs, plays guitar, electric guitar, and piano. She might not have the best voice in the world but she does have a good voice and has improved immensely over the years. I think she’s a great performer too. Just because she doesn’t do crazy choreography doesn’t mean she’s not a good performer. When I go to a concert I prefer live singing, good production, and fan interaction over lip synching and dancing. Whether you want to admit it or not she knows how to put on a great show. There’s a reason why every stadium she tours is sold out

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 5/27/2023 at 10:26 PM, AII said:

It's definitely not vocals. She's a marketing genius. She's managed to grow the fan base by getting everyone involved with her music. Her songwriting - people love speculating about. And that's what hook's people in. It's like a storyline that's unfolding.  It's like watching a TV show. U can't wait for the next episode.  And yeah, it's catchy. And yeh, it's mostly " all the same". But so are most songs. 

This is a great take because it truly has been her strategy. She has fictionalized and reduced her life to chapters and episodes for public consumption. So people are eager roto know more, as if she were a Netflix show.

I think it is a combination of factors, but one of the things I really want to give her props for is the attitude she seems to have towards fans and people in general and that has been a key factor in her success. I have said it before, but it is absolutely stunning how you can't find one single negative experience from fans, co workers, stylists who have worked with her. Literally, everyone says she is kind, accessible, warm and gracious. For someone who has been almost 20 years in the business, it speaks volumes about her. I mean, even if she is a ****** in private, the effort she puts into being kind is more than can be said of many. And as much as you may be in control of your narrative cause money and fame, she doesn't own every person on the internet and yet, all you see are positive comments. That and also her commitment. Seriously, I think her shows on the rain earned her a lot of respect and she deserves it. She could have easily called the show off but she stayed there and played past midnight. Most artists would not have come out in that rain, let alpne wait close to three hpurs. That is why her fans are willing to pay, she is manipulative yes, but she seems to at least try to respect her fans more than many.

And I agree with those saying she managed to not be ***ualized. Not because women should not be seen as ***ual beings or something of that kind, but because in such an exploitative environment, to see someone not follow that trend and still be successful is interesting. In that sense, she is certainly, an oddity

Edited by Bigno
  • Love 1
On 5/27/2023 at 9:05 PM, MarcuzXD said:

I'm not even sure if Britney gave us Blackout 2 it would top Midnights streaming numbers.

Every Taylor song sounds the same, we get it girl you're going through ANOTHER breakup with lyrics that sound like she wrote them when she was 16. Her praised song writing and lyrics treads a fine line to being too on the nose and cringey. Even the production sounds the same on her songs with how much she works with Jack Antonoff, imagine if Britney only worked with Max Martin? Wouldn't fans become bored as hell? Taylor's songs are just so safe and standard, she doesn't experiment or try to push the boundaries of pop music like Charli XCX and Britney (during her ITZ and Blackout era)

Her songs are easy listening and they are fine tracks, but I just feel they are so overrated and it's crazy to me to see such basic music dominate streaming charts compared to arguably more interesting music in the pop space. 

No lies detected. Working on several pop albums with just one person is really boring. At the same time, at least people can see on the last album how she can't sing and how she tries to mask it with effects, harmonies, but unfortunately she exhausted her vocal limit a long time ago, and the only reason she is in the top is only a good promo and her hunger for attention.

6 hours ago, Body ache said:

I know for me when Britney transitioned into her **** image with the Britney era it kinda turned me off since I was so young. Taylor knows her demographic. She's not complicated and doesn't usually cause drama. Some people are into basic pop stars like that. She also makes songs that are relatable and makes you feel like her friend. She's very good at making other people root for her.

THIS. If Britney put out 2 more BOMT/OOPS albums before Slave 4 U, she would have kept selling millions upon millions of albums. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I think this is where Taylor and her team got it right. They transitioned slowly to a more mature image, while still attracting the younger generation. 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block