The 2023 VMA’s held on September 12

Who I Want To See Hit The Stage ( most likely not to)

Janet, Madonna, Shakira, Beyonce, Taylor, Usher, Nicki Minaj, Pink, Ed Sheeran, Sza, Kenderick Lamar, Miley, The Weekend , Missy Elliott, Harry Styles

Who I want to see perform cause they got music to promote 

Ciara, Hozier, Kylie Minogue, Miguel, Kelly Clarkson, Jackson Wang, Megan Thee Stallion, Jonas Brothers, Doja Cat, Nail Horan, Dove Cameron, 6lack , Tori Kelly, Khalid, Tinashe, Post Malone, , Lil Nas X, Lana Del Rey, Sam Smith, YG( Group), Lewis Capaldi, Victoria Monet, Maneskin, Janelle Monae, Karol G

Pre-Show/Extended Play Stage

Doechii ,Tyler Hubbard, Rina Sawayama, NF, Coco Jones, , Labrinth, Kiana Lede, Bailey Zimmerman , Ice Spice

Surprise( this mean they don't have to perform they can be there to present, promote some there doing like movie etc )

Ariana Grande ( sneak peek of wicked)

Bad Bunny 

BlackPink

Cardi B

Dua Lipa

Drake

Christina Aguilera 

Chloe × Halle

Eminem

JLO (presenting/promote this is me now)

Jay Z ( presenting beyonce)

Lady Gaga ( sneak peek of joker 2)

Lenny Kravitz 

Red Hot Chili Peppers 

Rihanna

Zendaya 

Britney Spears ( video of the year)

Edited by RC2
8 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

yall dont even try starting rumours that she's somehow going to be involved or something 😩

But she’s like, totally gonna.. and we believe so every year..  :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:   :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

So obviously The queen will be posing on the red carpet, hosting the show, performing a new song, and will totally win video of the year for HMC.. it is foreseen..  :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:   :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 6:47 AM, cocodeluxe said:

I watched them last year, didn’t know 90% of the artists and I‘m only 26 :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Ill be 40 this year(yes im old af lol) and i knew no one lol. Its kinda sad seeing the "talent" now compared to the VMAs i grew up watching. Like the difference is astonishing...

real housewives fix it jesus GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I’ve said this before but to revamp the VMAs into being a must see event they need to make them themed like the MET Gala does. It’ll force the artist to give the people looks and creativity. People used to show up so funky, segxy and edgy with their looks. Viewers didn’t care if the looks were fashionable or not, but they still tuned in to see the red carpet. For the majority of the last decade, I feel like celebs take themselves too seriously and are afraid to take fashion risks. They usually only take risks at the MET. I think Miley and Lil Nas are the only ones that come to mind in the last few years that turned out looks. It’ll give them MET vibes but unlike the MET, the viewer/average person gets to see what happens inside the venue. 

They need to bring back more legacy performers and celeb presenters. It used to be a major honor and a “you made it” moment when you were asked to perform on the VMA Main Stage. There aren’t enough legacy artists performing and fad artists getting on stage takes away the prestige of being asked to perform. Like I think Chloe Bailey is so talented but they let her perform her debut solo single on the main stage?! I know her and her sister had been doing their thing for awhile but they’ve never reached A list level, they rarely made it on radio, they weren’t a big charting group, and def not selling out arenas. I can see Justin Timberlake debuting his solo single at the VMAs cuz NSYNC was huge. Unless a newbie has a gigantic breakout year like Britney, Gaga, Olivia…save the newbies for the pre show. 

Keep the VMAs about music. I’m sick of influencers, YouTubers and TikTokers being apart of established award shows. It cheapens it. And after the last few years of continuing to see the ratings go down just shows that huge social media follower counts do not equate to people checking for those people at award shows. Having Addison Rae, Charlie DAmelio, or James Charles presenting isn’t bringing in viewers. If anything I’d tune in to see a star that doesn’t have a big online presence because there’s mystery there. Influences show you everything, every day, all the time. There’s accessibility there. We don’t have that with actual stars. 

MTV used to be a music channel. Now it’s just become reruns of C-list reality tv shows. They rely too much on nostalgia of when MTV was actually showing you musical content. So when they do promo for VMAs they rely so much on Britney, and other memorable VMA moments of the past. If they make their channel feel like a music channel again, then maybe MTV would still be on peoples radars and they’ll be more inclined to see their award shows. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block