Was Britney supposed to get blind folded in the Breathe on Me @ Rain performance? It looks like the dancer was about to do it but Britney gestured her not to.

I wonder if she wanted to see the crowd or just be intimate / engaged, or if she was uncomfortable with the skipping track so she wanted to see or something…it looks like the dancer had a surprised expression on her face, like something unexpected happened.  thoughts!? 

5:35

also @Jordan Miller can we have a live performance tag instead of just video?

Edited by halfdressed
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, halfdressed said:

I wonder if she wanted to see the crowd or just be intimate / engaged, or if she was uncomfortable with the skipping track so she wanted to see or something…it looks like the dancer had a surprised expression on her face, like something unexpected happened.  thoughts!? 

5:35

also @Jordan Miller can we have a live performance tag instead of just video?

That live performance tag won't be used much these days for Britney though:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Haha 6

I imagine Britney herself and Larry were pissed that the CD was constantly being shaken, causing jumps in the tracks. You can't imagine today with all the fancy technology that this plastic disc actually used to have so much play in the CD player that it could bounce in it. Maybe the CD player was on the same floor as the stage and the performance was already affected. But she smiled it off professionally. That's all you can do then.

• Like 4

Thanks for posting, that's interesting it does look like Britney wanted her to make a slight change to something.

Britney is truly a star for powering through all the little glitches in the backing track. I'm sure she was super mad, but when she exited the stage she was immediately interviewed by MTV and maintained her cool. At this point in her career this was one of the biggest errors in her performances. If it happened to me I would have a meltdown lol 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, warioaddams said:

I think it was rough because they weren't ready yet. They presented early versions of the songs and by the time not even Madonna was included in MATM. 

It was the first taste of ITZ. But I'm glad we got to see this rare performance.

Despite the issues I think it’s phenomenal! But perhaps back then it would have been perceived as very bad because everything she did was top notch 100% of the time. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, FranzD said:

I imagine Britney herself and Larry were pissed that the CD was constantly being shaken, causing jumps in the tracks. You can't imagine today with all the fancy technology that this plastic disc actually used to have so much play in the CD player that it could bounce in it. Maybe the CD player was on the same floor as the stage and the performance was already affected. But she smiled it off professionally. That's all you can do then.

Didn't something like this happen at the M+M tour too? I thought I remember reading something like the CD player kept skipping there too.

Something about someone as huge as BRITNEY using a CD player for a performance is so funny to me. LIke wouldn't they use a sound system or something, or am I way off? Either way both performances are iconic despite the hiccups

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block