Janet Jackson announces 'Janet." Deluxe Edition out July 7.

30 years ago at the age of 27, Janet Jackson released her 5th studio album and her only album for the 50 Million dollar recording contract with Virgin, Back in 1991..

Remember that her original contract was only for one studio album,  her 1996 one was a bidding war with Virgin records, Walt Disney Records and A&M records,  she went with Virgin for the record breaking 80 Million, a record at the time .

( rumored to be broken by Taylor swift who was offered 200 Million by republic records and universal music group for a 2 decade deal, when she left Big Machine in 2018)

Well coming out July 7, is a 3 LP and 2 CD set containing the original 28 track set. 

Finally the  tea was spilled, out if the 28 tracks and 75 Minute set, 14 of the 28 tracks were actual songs,  the other 14 tracks were interludes, it's well known a lot of artists was known for taking advantage of the 80 Minute time length of a cd back then. Including her brother who's dangerous was the first of his albums to go beyond the length of a vinyl album.

The bonus tracks are the B Sides. 

70s love groove, And on and on (both on her Janet. Remixed album released outside north America),  a cover of her brothers song One more chance,  and Before Mariah Carey made it popular,  Janet did a few remixes with Rappers..

Alright with Heavy D., and you want this with MC Lyte which is finally being issued after long being out of print from the commercial single. 

Plus a few remixes a Trip hop version of Where are you now by Nellee Hooper (Bjork, Madonna,  and Of Course Garbage and No Doubt).

A r&B love jam version of that's the way love goes and a disco version of If. Makes the 7 bonus tracks.

Will be out on platforms as well on July 7.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

The anniversary album covers have been so boring so far, so I'm guessing this one's gonna follow the same pattern. I mean, at least they're consistent, I guess. :shocked_red_keyboard_type_computer:

It's the original album, with extra photos from the 1993 limited edition 2 cd set. Since the original Janet album booklet was just the lyrics.  

It's the first one to get a full release since it's her best selling album to date.  

7 Million in the US and 14 Million worldwide. Of course this would get a full commercial release. 

• Like 2
Just now, Spicechinodiva said:

It's the original album, with extra photos from the 1993 limited edition 2 cd set. Since the original Janet album booklet was just the lyrics.  

It's the first one to get a full release since it's her best selling album to date.  

7 Million in the US and 14 Million worldwide. Of course this would get a full commercial release. 

They could've done something cute for the digital releases. I mean, what is this Canva template realness:

1280x1280.jpg1280x1280.jpg

I appreciate consistency, but idk - these are just so boring. :shocked_red_keyboard_type_computer:

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Flavor Of Love said:

I would like to hear Together Again ballad version finally :orangu_orangutan_ape:

The deeper remix by Jimmy jam is the ballad.

All 3 versions ended up released..

Deep is the hip hop production 

Deeper is the ballad version 

The lp version is the dance/disco version which was smart as it ended up being a huge hit worldwide as her r&b hits always under performed over seas.

5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The deeper remix by Jimmy jam is the ballad.

All 3 versions ended up released..

Deep is the hip hop production 

Deeper is the ballad version 

The lp version is the dance/disco version which was smart as it ended up being a huge hit worldwide as her r&b hits always under performed over seas.

Thanks, but I prefer if in this version she sings the verses in the same style like in album version, more harmonies, but slower. 

10 hours ago, Style. In Moscow said:

The janet. album cover it’s a mood imo. It doesn’t look bad, but I can see why people don’t like it. I’m so interested to hear more music tho. :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

I think it's both beautiful and GENIUS:
CW9mFbRWMAE_qPa.jpg

This is all I think about every time I see it:

Ddd196MU0AE7m57.jpg:large

• Love 1
1 hour ago, officialmaurice said:

Oh so an edit. Why not make it yourself then? Go for it! Her ballad version exists. The one she wanted. 

I will try... but your last sentence - if you read wikipedia, she already had ballad version what I've mentioned, but then she changed instruments and tempo to dance version. The ballad you said "she wanted" is just brand new version she recorded later.... but her red hair slays :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Can you imagine her singing first words in a song and behind are warming vocals in style what had Whitney in O Come, O Come Emmanuel, and same in pre-chorus? I'd die for hear this version.

Edited by Flavor Of Love

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block