Miley Cyrus on touring: I can't, there's no connection | Update: Miley responds

• Leader

Update: Miley responded.

Earlier:

Miley Cyrus says she has no plans to tour because... she doesn't want to. :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

"It's been a minute," she tells British Vogue cover story. "After the last [headline arena] show I did [in 2014], I kind of looked at it as more of a question. And I can't." 

"Not only 'can't,'" she continued, "because can't is your capability, but my desire. Do I want to live my life for anyone else's pleasure or fulfillment other than my own?"

Earlier in the interview, Cyrus noted that she prefers to perform for her friends rather than stadiums full of fans. "Like singing for hundreds of thousands of people isn't really the thing that I love," she said. "There's no connection. There's no safety."

Thoughts, Exhale? :miley_cyrus_disco_ball_stare:

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She still does tour..

But more in the line of festivals.

Attention had 5 shows. 

Her other tour for her project dead pets was 8 shows only in the US.

So it's more micro tours. But I see her comments it's not really intimate with strangers than it is with a small group of friends. Like 5 or 6. 

She hasn't done a single live performance this era though besides one pre-recorded special for Disney+, and she isn't playing any festivals or shows this year so it seems she is definitely not planning to perform for the foreseeable future.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

She hasn't done a single live performance this era though besides one pre-recorded special for Disney+, and she isn't playing any festivals or shows this year so it seems she is definitely not planning to perform for the foreseeable future.

Maybe she hates it, I can see why her interviews are really eye opening..

She's now saying what we've been trying to say once kids reach a certain age teen part. 

The judging by adults begin because the innocence of the child part is literally going away and it's too fast for them,and they hate it. 

Cos 18 were not the little boy or girl anymore and they can't protect us or help us if we get into trouble in legal or whatever. 

They can only hope for the best as we are a reflection of them as well. 

A little off topic, but is Miley Cyrus big enough to do an entire stadium tour like Madonna, Beyoncé and Taylor? She’s still a very successful recording artist, still very relevant. She’s one artist that I truly could see selling out stadiums but then also no at the same time. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

A little off topic, but is Miley Cyrus big enough to do an entire stadium tour like Madonna, Beyoncé and Taylor? She’s still a very successful recording artist, still very relevant. She’s one artist that I truly could see selling out stadiums but then also no at the same time. 

Nope. I think those you mentioned plus Britney is just about it

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, warioaddams said:

Touring is very hard, imagine having to travel to each city everyday, that must be difficult. 

Absolutely. I think artists who can pull it off should are better off doing tours like Madonna did for Madame X... fewer cities, several dates per city. It's healthier at least. For those who can manage it. 

• Like 1

I've always disliked her pretentious behavior; I was already annoyed with her habit of dissing her earlier albums whenever she releases a new one, but her claiming she has no connection to her fans while performing is really messed up to admit. :miley_cyrus_disco_ball_stare: She's worse than Demi sometimes. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

I can't believe the comments I'm reading in a music forum out of all places... Of course we as fans enjoy going to concerts almost more than anything else but we should know better: tours are INHUMANE; and for artists it's a slow death. I'm talking about really long, super successful worldwide tours. Artists are spontaneous, you cannot expect them to turn on a switch at a certain time every couple of days away from their loved ones to perform the same set of music every time, and also assume they will be genuine and 100% committed. Those who do are adrenaline junkies, and there WILL be consequences in the long term. We have way too many examples, do I really need to start naming them? From Tina Turner to Michael Jackson to Shania Twain to Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande, just to list a few. Those who do finish all legs of their tours then end up physically, mentally and creatively exhausted, and then we have to wait for long stretches of time for the next album, or we start getting subpar recording material. It just cannot happen in a healthy way. It's a vicious cycle, with the only real motivation being MONEY and fame.

Miley is super smart and brave for saying something like that. And rich, of course, but she earned that, so power to her if she can afford to say it and act on it.

Edited by bitbitboi
  • Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block