(UK Huns) Phillip Schofield steps down from This Morning UPDATE: admits to affair with much younger male employee

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSYWlR433vovb2nAtNJ8n

Phillip Schofield is stepping down as co-host of This Morning “with immediate effect”, he has announced amid reports of a developing feud with Holly Willoughby.

Rumours of growing tension between the pair have swirled in recent weeks, with various media stories on the increasingly strained relationship between the hosts.

In a statement released on Saturday afternoon, Schofield, 61, referenced the sustained speculation, lamenting the fact “This Morning has become the story”. “I understand ITV has decided the current situation can’t go on,” he added. Last Thursday’s episode will now be his last.

This whole thing has been crazy, I don’t even watch TM  but I’ve been glued to this story.

I’m glad ITV has finally taken action even though many celebrities and ITV employees have claimed they complained about his bad behaviour in the past. Making him our version of Ellen Degeneres. But better late than never.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ea6b4f9530e89ad84e

I believe ITV has been sweeping up his bad behaviour (including the alleged grooming of a teenager and knowing about his p e do brother) under the rug. And now that he’s finally ‘stepped down’ I think more and more stuff will start to come out about him. 

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

UK exhalers, do you think Holly can carry the show without him? Also do you think she’s innocent in all this or do you think she enabled him in the up until now?

And could he be the next Jimmy Saville or has this been blown of proportion?

Plus, who do you want to see take over from Phil? 

• Love 1

Damn…it’s all coming out

Phillip Schofield has admitted having an affair with a much younger male ITV employee while he was still married and revealed he is stepping down from all roles at the broadcaster.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ805i1QtHIYhdyMuouNd6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRNaJTKfRI9Fj_cTZs-x2

Holly Willoughby issued a statement regarding what she knew about the bombshell news Phillip Schofield had an affair with a younger ITV colleague.

In the week following Phillip's step down from This Morning, he's been dropped by his YMU management along with all connections to ITV.

Taking to Instagram to issue her statement on the situation, Holly said: "It's taken time to process yesterday's news. When reports of this relationship first surfaced, I asked Phil directly if this was true and was told it was not.

"It's been very hurtful to now find out that this was a lie. Holly."

He claims that the relationship started with the young man when he was old enough to consent but it’s all a bit suspect considering he knew him as a child. And knowing what came out about his brother.

Apparently more allegations are coming 

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I’m not sure I believe Holly didn’t know any of this was happening imo.

The industry is gross tbh.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, nwonder said:

Damn…it’s all coming out

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ805i1QtHIYhdyMuouNd6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRNaJTKfRI9Fj_cTZs-x2

He claims that the relationship started with the young man when he was old enough to consent but it’s all a bit suspect considering he knew him as a child. And knowing what came out about his brother.

Apparently more allegations are coming 

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I’m not sure I believe Holly didn’t know any of this was happening imo.

The industry is gross tbh.

I thought that was Greyson Chance

• Haha 5
  • Like 1

We’ve all been reading about it for 3 years on Twitter so it’s about time this came out in the wash. He’s shown himself to be a compulsive liar, amongst other things (allegedly), so I hope he never works in television again. 

It creeps me out that he’s known this young man since he was a child, and then started an “unwise but not illegal” relationship. The whole thing reads like a case of grooming. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

why this feels like a bad movie that nobody wishes to see again? never heard of this until now and i'm shocked

so the young lad and the older Phillip knew each other since the young lad was a kid & then the Phillip became his sugar daddy? Do I get it right? I didn't want to read all of that above. jeeez, what was the adult thinking? → That dating basically clueless kids is normal? :joanne_gaga_pink_hat_cowgirl_stare_leave:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Groundbreaking said:

why this feels like a bad movie that nobody wishes to see again? never heard of this until now and i'm shocked

so the young lad and the older Phillip knew each other since the young lad was a kid & then the Phillip became his sugar daddy? Do I get it right? I didn't want to read all of that above. jeeez, what was the adult thinking? → That dating basically clueless kids is normal? :joanne_gaga_pink_hat_cowgirl_stare_leave:

Yes he allegedly met him as a young teen and began grooming him/ helping him with a career in TV. But not really a sugar daddy, more like a predator. 

:umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

It is also alarming that his brother was also arrested for s e xA $$ a u lt on a teenage boy. 

• Like 1

If he was over 16 it was technically legal but still creepy that Phil apparently knew the guy since he was 10. 

Phil’s always annoyed me tbh. And I’m not a Holly fan but I kinda believe her… this was someone she considered a very close friend and he supposedly lied to her about the relationship? 

I also feel sorry for Phil’s ex-wife and kids. Can’t imagine what they’re going through right now.

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, nwonder said:

Yes he allegedly met him as a young teen and began grooming him/ helping him with a career in TV. But not really a sugar daddy, more like a predator. 

It is also alarming that his brother was also arrested for s e xA $$ a u lt on a teenage boy. 

This must be a deeply embarrassing time for their family members. What a mess. 

@Isla I'm inclined to believe Holly also. When a person hears something from a very close friend, they usually want to believe it. 

Edited by IsraeliMatt
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

This must be a deeply embarrassing time for their family members. What a mess. 

@Isla I'm inclined to believe Holly also. When a person hears something from a very close friend, they usually want to believe it. 

Honestly this is so messy and has ruined Phil’s career.

• Like 1

Hollys a dark horse imo and I’m not sure where I stand with her.  I’m not sure if I fully believe her, considering Ruth had reported the relationship to ITV bosses before they fired her. And If she knew, Holly must of known? 

I think Phil had a lot power over the network and people were probably too scared to to challenge or cross him… till now.

10 hours ago, nwonder said:

nooo pls noo, what r those people thinking? Is it so difficult to ask for consent & understand that when r they told no, that it means no? like it should be a common practice by now

and as for his bro, no comments

:girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block