Lil Kim for XXL Magazine Legends

37 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Might wanna check the latest Rolling stone 100 greatest debut albums of all time. 

Only 4 female rap albums made the cut 

Invasion of privacy at #20.

Supa dupa Fly by Missy Elliott top 50

Hard-core by lil' Kim and arular by M.I.A. and #78 and #77 respectively..

Pink Friday is nowhere to be found. 

Billie eilish is at #10. 

BILLIE RAPS??? :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

EDIT:

Wait nevermind I'm so stupid it was just all around albums lol. I was gonna say WHEN DID BILLIE BECOME A RAP QUEEN :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Edited by KylieLanguage
Mistakeeeeeee
8 hours ago, OutofKontrol said:

Whew, chile, you Britney fans...

Thisss lol

as someone of color who loooooves pop music n pop culture from the primeney era this forum as well the users can be severely outdated or just soo 2004 ..  it’s 2023 you’d think ppl would Mayb understand diff perspectives or broaden there horizons but not sooo much on here it seems! 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Big guy said:

I loved her darker skin back in the day she was perfect I don’t know why she trying to be white now :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Wanting lighter skin isn’t equal to wanting to be white. At least, I haven’t seen anything of her saying that. She’s still a proud, Black woman. 

I too preferred her natural skin tone but hey, I don’t pay her bills lol so I just nod and smile

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rck92 said:

I love Lil’ Kim but her rapping isn’t what I used to love on Notorious, HardCore etc.

Last album she doesn’t sound like it and full of autotune.

Is it because of all the surgeries she had?

It’s because she was working with a different team of writers/collaborators/producers, trying something different. I hope she learned a valuable lesson lol. Her verse on Missy’s “I’m Better” remix tho 🤤 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, OutofKontrol said:

Because our racist and Prejudice society has made being darker skinned, or having African features as socially unacceptable to norms. Same reason african american women relax their hair. Having "straighter" is seen as being more accepeable to white america. You seriously didn't know this?

Whew, chile, you Britney fans...

Real Housewives GIF by Slice

European, African, Latin, and Asian people of all races, all over the world, male and female, chemically straighten their hair to achieve that look. Skin lightening and chemically straightened hair is not exclusive to African Americans.  But like you said, it's a much bigger topic in African American communities because it gives the impression of appeasing to society's racist beauty standards, and Americans are very vocal about everything.

Kims botched surgery is really why people ridicule her. If she looked good, it wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by cubasterd

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block