Kesha drops Gag Order

I listened and struggled my way through this earlier and it is not good. Not good at all. The sound is very alternative. It might grow on me but I have no interest in listening to it again. The cover art really turns me off as well. Such a shame 😭

• Like 1

I like Eat The Acid, Fine Line and Only Love Can Save Us Now. I listened through it today, and I’m a disappointed. I think it’s her most experimental but worst album to date. Maybe it will grow. But there’s 2 interludes on a 13 track album. And one of the songs is barely 2 minutes long. I don’t know, I just think she can do better. 

4 minutes ago, Mxra said:

I feel like her past 2 albums both have the same vibe in a sense and don't really go anywhere. It's one tone from start to finish. I just got bored real quickly. 

This isn't me hating, i want to like it. I just don't. 

Right! Her first three albums were a flawless work of art from beginning to end. I don't know what happened 

• Like 1

The thing is that this absolutely doesn’t sound like anything you would except from a pop artist.
I think the emphasis here is on the lyrics, thats why the sound is so minimalistic and weird. I dont think that it is a bad album, it just isn’t supposed to be pop ear candy, its just too avant-garde for regular listeners. 

• Like 1

Skimmed it a bit. While I was formerly a big fan, I found her previous album to be horribly produced and I lost a lot of interest in her. My immediately reaction to this one is just that it's not commercial and it will have weak chart positions. I don't need all of an artist's music to be bops. I thought 'Resentment' on her last album was beautifully done. This album, what I heard... it's a 'no' from me. 

It's bland tbh. Her albums have gotten worse over time and unfortunately she doesn't seem to care about chart success, so she keeps working with producers who only know how to make album filler and not anything truly amazing. Praying was literally her last good song. :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

6 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

some tracks are good. i can really see someone using eat the acid while meditating or being high or something, it has that sound :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

let's get together and eat the acid babe :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

---

However, didn't listened to it yet... but if most of you say it's experimental might listen to it and might like it cuz I'm not a basic ****** who only listens  to the ******* same rhythms... yes, that's shade. Eat The Acid felt right (tho the lyrics are cringy as f... she talking about god and religion? gurl...)

I obviously have different expectations from this album than you guys did. Pop banger Kesha hasn't existed for years so I definitely didn't expect it out of Gag Order. That being said. 

I thought the lyrics were great. It was a big focus on each song. She was sorting through stuff during this and it shows. 

I like the album as a whole. While some songs didn't quite hit the mark they were all still good. This is the kind of album I would pay to watch her sing.

Drama was a nice mood change with the beat and I thought that the opening song Something To Believe In, fit great. 

The album cover, with the way the songs play out, I get the cover art. She felt like she was suffocating. I can see that imagery through the album. 

I give it a 7/10. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

Skimmed it a bit. While I was formerly a big fan, I found her previous album to be horribly produced and I lost a lot of interest in her. My immediately reaction to this one is just that it's not commercial and it will have weak chart positions. I don't need all of an artist's music to be bops. I thought 'Resentment' on her last album was beautifully done. This album, what I heard... it's a 'no' from me. 

Horribly produced? 

Are we listening to the same jams? :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

2 hours ago, Stefani said:

It's bland tbh. Her albums have gotten worse over time and unfortunately she doesn't seem to care about chart success, so she keeps working with producers who only know how to make album filler and not anything truly amazing. Praying was literally her last good song. :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

I'm sorry to burst your bubbles, but ...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block